[kovarex] [0.16.25] Trains creep forward even if no path.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
GuiltyBystander
Inserter
Inserter

[kovarex] [0.16.25] Trains creep forward even if no path.

Post by GuiltyBystander »

Very minor and specific bug, but perhaps there's larger implications for what's causing this that I don't understand.

How to recreate:
  1. Create a rail loop with 2 stations A, B immediately adjacent to each other.
  2. Add a train with both stations in its list with "Wait until 0 seconds pass" so it just goes back and forth between them.
  3. After it makes a lap or 2, mine out a piece of track so "No path" starts to appear over the train.
Image of setup:

If you zoom in and stand next to the train, you'll see it creeps forward about a pixel every 1-2 seconds. It doesn't respect red signals and will ram other trains in front of it. If you turn on "show-rail-paths," it doesn't look like it's trying to reuse the old path or anything. If you put a straight section of track, it will take that instead of the curve.
If you put the train in manual mode and back to automatic, it stops creeping. If stations A/B aren't right next to each other, it doesn't happen.

I'm sure you can count on one hand how many people are suffering from this but still thought I should bring it up since it might reveal something else deeper.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.16.25] Trains creep forward even if no path.

Post by Bilka »

Fixed by 58738
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

kitcat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitcat »

Bilka wrote:Fixed by 58738
How do you know? 0.16.31 with the fix isn’t out yet. Have you verified it in some kind of pre-release version or are you just guessing?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Bilka is working for Wube, and has source access, so it's quite possible he has tested it with the an work in progress build of 0.16.31.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

kitcat wrote:
Bilka wrote:Fixed by 58738
How do you know? 0.16.31 with the fix isn’t out yet. Have you verified it in some kind of pre-release version or are you just guessing?
You should read last weeks fff
Bilka wrote:and alongside access to the game's source code, it is possible for me to update the wiki to a new version within a few minutes.
So yes, I tested it.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Zanostra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zanostra »

version [ 16.38 ]

I just came across this bug, and searched the forum if it was known, but I found it in resolved bugs.
Just made a video where it is visible.
The trains creep forward and are still using fuel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSZ3egwU-ng

I tested it a little bit extra, and they don't creep ( nor use fuel ) when you put them in manual mode and then in automatic mode again.
They do creep if you place the rail segment so they can go to destination and delete it again to create a 'no path', BUT only if they had enough time to start moving.
By creating and deleting the rail segment to fast, they will not creep.
It doesn't matter if you build/delete the rails by hand, construction bots or bullets.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”