[0.16.24][macOS] Stuck on uploading log file after crash

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
cvkurt
Inserter
Inserter

[0.16.24][macOS] Stuck on uploading log file after crash

Post by cvkurt »

When factorio crashes (regardless of the traceback), the factorio process doesn't exit after presenting the user with the crash log dialog. The U/I stays visible but is dead. The factorio process sets and chews CPUs (using ~54% CPU indefinitely). The user ends up having to force kill the factorio process to resume play. (The actual crashes I'll report separately.)

Note: This happens with most every in-game crash I've seen on MacOS but does not appear repeatable using killall -SEGV factorio.

The factorio should exit completely after reporting (and uploading) the crash log.

The last messages in the log are:

777.992 Error Util.cpp:67: Unexpected error occurred. If you're running the latest version of the game you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash.
784.183 Uploading log file

Note that this happened well before 0.16.24 "uploading" changes.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [16.24][macOS] Stuck on uploading log file after crash

Post by Loewchen »

Post the complete log please.

cvkurt
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [16.24][macOS] Stuck on uploading log file after crash

Post by cvkurt »

Attached in another instance (different traceback, which I'll file a bug on separately)...

As I noted above, this occurred previous to 0.16.24, so I'd assume it's not actually related to the uploading log file code.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(29.3 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Return to “Minor issues”