[0.16.23] player reach bonus - removing building

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
mp0011
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.16.23] player reach bonus - removing building

Post by mp0011 »

I am using:

character_reach_distance_bonus = 10000
character_build_distance_bonus = 10000

1) I CAN NOT delete anything from radar view. It may be OK, it may works as designed, no complain here.
2) I CAN place anything from radar view. It also may be OK, it may works as designed, no complain here.
3) I CAN place and delete ghosts from radar view. It also may be OK, it may works as designed, no complain here.
But 4) If I place a ghost and then delete it with RMB, I may delete "real" buildings from radar view, until RMB is released, and that's is not consistent with point #1.

So, either I should be allowed to delete buildings from radar view, without deleting ghost first, or not - and deleting ghost should not allow to delete buildings...
#1 or #4 is a BUG.

Without "cheats", I can only place and delete ghosts, real buildings are not affected by RMB.

(Or, maybe, there are some other bonus for deleting buildings from far i do not know about?)
Only mod used: even distribution (and switch button. but it's currently deleted)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.23] player reach bonus - removing building

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Unless one of the other devs decides they want to change how this works I'm going to say we aren't going to change/work on any of these things.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Won't fix.”