[0.16.23] Buffer Chest not supplying players logistic request

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
sweenezy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.23] Buffer Chest not supplying players logistic request

Post by sweenezy »

I'm having an issue with buffer chests not providing to the players logistics requests. I first noticed this when I came back to my base from a long voyage building outposts and wasn't receiving and new red belt or undergrounds.

The setup is that I have assemblers outputting into buffer chests, which have a large request on them to capture any excess items. This chest then also feeds the blue belt assembler. Whilst the chest will request the items, it won't provide them to the player.

I have tried replacing the chest, and I have tried crafting a new one, filled it with belt and I'm still having the same problem.

If I create a requester chest and choose to request from buffers, bots will provide the items to the requester from the buffer, just not the player.

The items do appear in the logistics network (when pressing L), and increasing my request amount has no effect on these numbers, assuming the 'order' isn't even being placed.

I'm really sure this was working a week or so ago (prior to .23) as I have come back to base several times before and restocked correctly. It's been a few days though since I last stepped foot in my main base (likely .22)
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (2.08 MiB) Viewed 1780 times
screenshot2.png
screenshot2.png (2 MiB) Viewed 1780 times
Log File:
factorio-current.log
(4.93 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Save File:
Caprica.zip
(10.57 MiB) Downloaded 86 times
Installed Mods:
BottleNeck, Long Reach, Larger Inventory.
mods.zip
(734.58 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

Love the game, hope its just a simple bug.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [16.23] Buffer Chest not supplying players logistic request

Post by Loewchen »

This is an issue of the larger inventory mod, loading wo gets you instantly supplied.
Really good report never the less ;)

Edit: Deactivating any mod will make it work...

sweenezy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [16.23] Buffer Chest not supplying players logistic request

Post by sweenezy »

I just tried deactivating a couple of mods, larger inventory being one and it still wasn't working. Also tried disabling all mods and had the same result.

Did you test something that did make it work?

sweenezy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16.23] Buffer Chest not supplying players logistic request

Post by sweenezy »

Just an update on this - I had tried every combination of deactivated mods and removed all mods completely and everything was still broken on 16.24 and 16.25.

This morning I noticed 16.26 had been released and there was a bug fix related to buffer chests so quickly fired up my map and see if anything changed.
Only tested for 30-40 seconds (as i'm actually at work) and everything appears to be working normal.

New buffer chests placed are providing to the player.
Tested 2 existing buffer chests and they also have started providing to the player.

This is with all mods enabled (as reported originally in the bug report)

So perhaps the status of this now becomes 'accidentally fixed'?

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”