[0.16.22] No game over screen or achievements

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Slone
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.22] No game over screen or achievements

Post by Slone »

Seems I'm having a similar issue to what was happening here:viewtopic.php?t=44986

A friend and I recently launched rockets on a map going for Lazy bastard, Steam all the way, Logistic network embargo, and Raining bullets. We first launched a rocket with a fish in it (as we were unclear if building the solar panels for the satellite would invalidate 'Steam all the way'; in hindsight that wouldn't make any sense) and I was awarded "So long and thanks for all the fish". We then launched a rocket with a satellite in it and got the 1k science but no endgame splash or achievements
1k science but no endgame splash or achievements
1k science but no endgame splash or achievements
1k_science_achievements_in_prog.png (3.84 MiB) Viewed 1301 times
. The achievements are still able to be tracked and aren't being shown as incomplete. We were both in game, and neither of us got any achievements. No mods, no other players have played on this map. I've been getting other achievements, just not the game-end ones.

Created the world in single player via the steam client, shortly thereafter I copied the world into my server folder and have been hosting it via the command line

Logfile from back when this happened, and savegame attached. I saved immediately as we were launching since my first map didn't give an endgame screen either, and I've tried loading into the map in single player with the same result.

Edit: Looking inside my various .zip files in my /saves folder, it seems the majority of my saves (4/7) do not have a control.lua. Mentioning it as I saw this discussed in the linked thread
Attachments
prelaunch.zip
Saved during launch
(14.56 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
factorio-previous.log
(435.42 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

Slone
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.22] No game over screen or achievements

Post by Slone »

So, after noticing the missing control.lua, I copied a control.lua (and also the missing locale folder) into my prelaunch file and fired it up in single player.
When the rocket finished taking off a few seconds later, I was awarded the missing achievements and got the game win screen
game_win_screen
game_win_screen
gamewin.png (494.57 KiB) Viewed 1261 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.22] No game over screen or achievements

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report. Is there something unusual on how you have the game setup, that might cause third party program to touch Factorio files while Factorio is running?
The only way you can lose control.lua from save file is if you either edit the save, or if something clears game's temp folder while you are playing the game.

Return to “Pending”