[0.16.16] Crash on save load: "Trying to disconnect circuit connector in inconsistent state."

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.16.16] Crash on save load: "Trying to disconnect circuit connector in inconsistent state."

Post by Optera »

Factorio crashes when loading the attached save without mods.
Attachments
LTN Demo 1.7.0.zip
save game
(3.92 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
Factorio_log.7z
logs
(118.46 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [16.16] Crash on save load: "Trying to disconnect circuit connector in inconsistent state."

Post by Optera »

The crash occurs with no mods installed and blueprint-storage.dat removed.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [16.16] Crash on save load: "Trying to disconnect circuit connector in inconsistent state."

Post by Rseding91 »

You should be able to recover the save by loading it with the mods, clearing the blueprint library (use the /purge-blueprint-library command) and then re-saving.

If that doesn't work then you'll need to find every blueprint with modded content and erase it then save and load without the mods.

This is the same issue as here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56603&p=335695#p335695
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Thanks, after manually removing all blueprints in the storage and inventory it let me load the map mod free.

Will there be a proper fix automatically fixing/removing corrupted blueprints instead of crashing the game with cryptic error messages?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Optera wrote:Thanks, after manually removing all blueprints in the storage and inventory it let me load the map mod free.

Will there be a proper fix automatically fixing/removing corrupted blueprints instead of crashing the game with cryptic error messages?
Ideally there is never a corrupt blueprint so adding extra checks to say "you have corrupt blueprints" isn't something we plan on doing. The error simply exists to prevent trying to run the game in a broken state since it should never happen - much like a ton of different possible errors that virtually nobody sees because they don't get hit - they exist as safety checks so if something breaks in the future or turns up broken it's caught before it reaches critical mass and permanently breaks save files.

The plan is to fix what's causing the corrupt blueprints so you never get that error.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Biker
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.16] Crash on save load: "Trying to disconnect circuit connector in inconsistent state."

Post by Biker »

Just recently started using LTN in my recent save, and this error started crashing game on a newer version of some other mod.

I was so worried but I am so glad that I found this thread. Also for reference -- I found the command to be ----> /delete-blueprint-storage everybody confirm

Thank you to you both Rseding91, and Optera for making my save not get ruined. <3

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”