[0.16.16] Force restart when deleting disabled mod

Bugs that are actually features.
Opiboble
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.16] Force restart when deleting disabled mod

Post by Opiboble »

Hi all!

So this isn't a big issue, but I think it is a bit of a bug/issue. I ran across this when updating all my mods.

1) Disabled a mod (or group of them as I did)
2) Back out of mod section and do the needed restart of Factorio.
3) Go back to the mod section and delete a disabled mod.
4) You are now forced to restart again...

Now I am not sure what is going on in the back end, but I would assume that since the mod is disabled it is not loaded up into the new instance of the game. So, in my mind at least, it should be able to delete without a need to restart.
Any way, thank you for taking the time to review this little quality of life issue I have, lol.

thanks for the great game!
-Opi

Opiboble
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16.16] Force restart when deleting disabled mod

Post by Opiboble »

Poking around more when updating mods I notice that disabled mod files are still locked by Factorio when booted. So I guess it makes since that it has to restart now... Still would be nice if there was any easy way delay the restart. I can dream :p

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.16] Force restart when deleting disabled mod

Post by Rseding91 »

Opiboble wrote:Poking around more when updating mods I notice that disabled mod files are still locked by Factorio when booted. So I guess it makes since that it has to restart now... Still would be nice if there was any easy way delay the restart. I can dream :p
Thanks for the report. You're right that it's working as intended now: a disabled mod is still processed by the game to exist locally to allow you to enable/disable them.

If we ever attempt to allow runtime mod loading this might change but for now it is what it is.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”