[kovarex] [0.16.16] Buffer Chest not suppling characters

Bugs that are actually features.
HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[kovarex] [0.16.16] Buffer Chest not suppling characters

Post by HOSH »

Is anyone else having an issue where the buffer chest is not supplying your personal logistic requests? We upgraded from 16.3 to 16.16 and the current logistics supply broke from what I had. So we are now back to having storage shortage.

I had our factory setup so that an item that we used was made and put into a buffer chest at below X quantity, then the buffer chest would request in a higher Y quantity so that items do not fill up the small storage chest area we have. And then for lower quantity items from the buffer chest (as a buffer for some of the production lines as well) put on to the belts and taken elsewhere in the factory.

Then when we need items we need to work on a project we get deliveries from the buffer chest and then once done cancel the requests and trash extra items and they go back to the buffer chest. So far in testing the buffer chests fill to X quantity and still requests Y quantity if available, but never fills our personal logistics requests after going to 16.16. Tested new save of game after started, restarted dedicated server, re-tested. Remove all of them and started over from scratch still having the issue.

So wondering if are personal requests are below buffer chests now for some reason, noticed it was supposed to be fixed in 16.9 or 16.13, so scratching my head still.

Thanks
Attachments
Sigma 16.16.zip
current save, destroyed and replaced cliff explosive recently.
(32.54 MiB) Downloaded 91 times

HOSH
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.16.16] Buffer Chest not suppling characters

Post by HOSH »

FYI going to start another vanilla game on 16.16 from scratch to get back to bots, but that will take a while for me at least.

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16.16] Buffer Chest not suppling characters

Post by Zaflis »

Definitely supplying me and also requester chests in 0.16.18.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.16.16] Buffer Chest not suppling characters

Post by kovarex »

I tried the save and player is normally provided stuff.

Return to “Not a bug”