[16.3][16.2] Crash when joining server / loading savegame (ElectricSubNetwork::getDemand)

Things that has been reported already before.
Linnun
Inserter
Inserter

[16.3][16.2] Crash when joining server / loading savegame (ElectricSubNetwork::getDemand)

Post by Linnun »

Yesterday when joining my dedicated server on 16.2, suddenly the server (Linux, headless, 16.2) crashed. I tried several things, including attempting to load any of the autosaves or loading the savegame localhost on my computer (Windows, 16.2), but it always crashed. (With a slightly different error log in Windows though). When connecting to the server it downloads the map perfectly fine, then when it's time to "catch up with server" the crash happens.

After patching to 16.3 it suddenly worked again, so I thought the problem was resolved. I could play for a while, eventually logged off. Now, that I'm trying to reconnect again -- crashed again with the same error message in the logs.

On Windows it is an Access Violation error:

Code: Select all

77.796 Error CrashHandler.cpp:292: Access Violation: Read at address 0000000000000078
...casued by:

c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-w5rkhq\src\energy\electricsubnetwork.cpp (1051): ElectricSubNetwork::getDemand
While on linux it is a SIGSEGV:

86.631 Error CrashHandler.cpp:419: Received SIGSEGV
...caused by:

#4  0x0000000000acba3f in ElectricSubNetwork::getDemand(ElectricSubNetwork::EnergySourceMapping&) at /tmp/factorio-LSX7Ws/src/Energy/ElectricSubNetwork.cpp:1050
Both, an Access Violation in Windows aswell as a SIGSEGV in Linux could indicate bad pointer usage, hopefully that will help you to track down the issue.

The full log files (from 16.3) are attached below, along with the crash dump for the windows version (the headless linux server did not create a dump file).

The game is 100% pure vanilla, since I never even downloaded any mods to either my PC or the server.

EDIT:
I have sorted through all autosaves and it turns out that there is one point, up until which all autosaves can load fine, and all autosaves after that one result in the crash when loading the game. I have attached the last working and the first not working autosave. Maybe it helps you in analyzing
Attachments
_autosave19.zip
First broken autosave
(24.86 MiB) Downloaded 47 times
_autosave18.zip
Last working autosave
(24.89 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
factorio-current_linux.log
Linux headless server crashlog
(38.74 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
factorio-dump-current.dmp
Windows client crash dump