[16.0][macOS 10][iMac] Interaction with entities only possible with player in specific position

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Maciej
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[16.0][macOS 10][iMac] Interaction with entities only possible with player in specific position

Post by Maciej »

I have to stand on the right side and above the chest to display its contents (LMB). Otherwise, I can't click on the chest. The same applies to the tree: to cut it down I have to be on its right above. Otherwise, LBM does not work on it. The problem only occurs on iMac, on MacBook Pro works fine.

Log file and screenshots attached.
On each of 3 screenshots attached, the cursor pointed to the fallen tree. Only when I was on the right side and above the tree the interaction was possible.
Tested only on single mode.
Attachments
factorio_error.png
factorio_error.png (1.92 MiB) Viewed 5637 times
factorio-current.log
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Last edited by Maciej on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [16.0][macOS 10][iMac] have to be on the right side...

Post by Loewchen »

Post the log after a session with the issue please.
This is not by any chance limited to multiplayer?

kissiel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kissiel »

I can reproduce.
Not only have to be on the right of the target, but also above.
Log attached.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.64 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

kissiel wrote:I can reproduce.
Not only have to be on the right of the target, but also above.
Log attached.
Is this a imac as well?

kissiel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kissiel »

Yes. Imac 5k.

Btw. I managed to temporarly fix it by changing the UI scaling. The bug manifested on 100% scaling.
(YAY, can play now :D)

jmickle_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jmickle_ »

I've had this bug too, on a macbook pro. A lot of entities would sometimes have very small or no hitboxes for me to select or highlight. Will try messing with the UI scaling to see if that works as a workaround!

edit: no luck with the UI scaling. It often changes the behaviour of the issue it but doesn't fix it. Same with changing to windowed, and messing with the window size. It'll change the behaviour but the issue still persists.

Here is a gif of the behaviour https://imgur.com/a/sP0Qt

A rough guess would be it is miscalculating when to allow the mouse to highlight things. I did some experimentation along this vein and found that scaling horizontally doesn't change how it acts yet changing the vertical window size does. It appears as though it is disallowing a selection along the top portion of the screen. More interestingly: when the window is roughly square, the disallowing block is a very similar height to the minimap window. Possibly connected somehow? I added a second gif which shows this behaviour.

I hope those investigations help!

ToddTM
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [16.0][macOS 10][iMac] Interaction with entities only possible with player in specific position

Post by ToddTM »

I am having the same issue on my 5k iMac. I can fix the problem by playing it in a certain size window, but I’d really rather play full screen. Awesome game folks. Thanks!!

UPDATE: Now working in full screen with Version 0.16.4 (build 34391, mac, steam)
Last edited by ToddTM on Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soryu2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [16.0][macOS 10][iMac] Interaction with entities only possible with player in specific position

Post by soryu2 »

Same problem on 5k iMac, playing full screen. In single player mode. Switching to windowed mode fixes it.

diLuca
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diLuca »

either on custom scaling or windowed doesn't fix the problem yet for me, still testing different modes..

diLuca
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diLuca »

so after more testing i found out that u can basically click everything as long it is on the left bottom side of the screen, works also in radar mode this way without counting the current position of the player character. so, the upper left, upper right and bottom right side of the screen is not clickable either seen from the character or in radar mode

ToddTM
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ToddTM »

Loewchen wrote:Check if it is this one please: viewtopic.php?t=54644
Alt-tabbing has no effect. I see it whenever it's full screen, and if I am playing in a decently large window. Resizing the window to about a quarter of the screen seems to allow it to work properly.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

There will be a fix attempt in 16.3 (should be today).

diLuca
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diLuca »

HanziQ wrote:There will be a fix attempt in 16.3 (should be today).
sadly its not fixed with 16.3 nor its shown in assigned or pending subforum ...

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

diLuca wrote:
Please make sure that you don't actually have this issue: 54644 instead.

Maciej
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maciej »

Agree with diLuca. It is not fixed in 16.3. Issue still occurs as described above.

diLuca
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diLuca »

Loewchen wrote:
diLuca wrote:
Please make sure that you don't actually have this issue: 54644 instead.
i do not have overwolf, and i am on mac as the rest of the players in this thread. its a mac problem, start your macs and see yourself ;)

diLuca
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diLuca »

in a nutshell:

can we get an eta please? the game is very tedious to play with this bug, thanks.

ps: and no i don't have overwolf, just an iMac.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Looks like something messed up with point to pixel conversion?

diLuca
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diLuca »

this sounds now like a rant, and maybe it is one:

we passed 2 builds in 16.x and no word from devs about this severe issue for macs. i do not understand why fixing minor bugs is more important than this issue that affects many players. no post in pending or assigned forums either. give us some infos please, in your own interest devs, thanks.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”