[Oxyd] [0.15.40] Random crash on autosave (in save at PathFindData.cpp:178)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
mlong
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.15.40] Random crash on autosave (in save at PathFindData.cpp:178)

Post by mlong »

My game will randomly just close while doing an auto save. This has happened only a few times over the last couple of weeks or so. Upon restart it shows a dialog saying something along the line of "corrupt autosave x.tmp file, bad zip file" The first couple of times it happened I thought it was me mashing multiple keys at wrong time or something. But this time I had the game running on one monitor and I was browsing on the other when the game window just closed. It doesn't appear to affect any other part of the system and when I reload the latest save it runs fine again. I run with a bunch of bobs mods, factorissmo and foreman.(all listed in the log file). I restarted the last good save before looking for files so I think the bad autosave tmp file got overwritten even though I didn't select to delete it.

I've attached the some files : crashed-factorio-previous.log - the log from the crash.
factorio-current.log - the most recent log.
mods.zip - my mods folder.
Attachments
mods.zip
(52.93 MiB) Downloaded 34 times
factorio-current.log
(6.92 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
crashed-factorio-previous.log
(9.36 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.15.40] Random crash on autosave (in save at PathFindData.cpp:178)

Post by Oxyd »

Hi, could you also post the save you're seeing this issue with?

mlong
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15.40] Random crash on autosave (in save at PathFindData.cpp:178)

Post by mlong »

I couldn't find the autosave tmp file that was corrupt, even though I didn't delete it. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place or would you like one of the good save files? All three of the autosave and my regular save files are good. The problem is it very occasionally crashes when attempting an autosave. It gives an error about the autosave.tmp but it doesn't make a corrupt save file, it just closes. It backs up every three minutes and most of the time it work well. If it happens again I'll make sure I look for the autosave temp file before restarting. I've attached the oldest autosave file I have for your reference, but it is a good save.
Attachments
_autosave3.zip
my oldest autosave game file. this has no errors as far as I know.
(86.4 MiB) Downloaded 53 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Oxyd] [0.15.40] Random crash on autosave (in save at PathFindData.cpp:178)

Post by Rseding91 »

This should be solved in 0.16. If it happens again in 0.16 please let us know.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”