[15.40] Game Crash on loading map

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
SixTwo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[15.40] Game Crash on loading map

Post by SixTwo »

1. What did you do? - After playing a different map of mine where I have creative mode and bottleneck mods installed, for testing througput etc, I wanted to play on my map that doesn't have those mods installed, I clicked Sync mods with save file, and the clicked Load game.

2. What happened? - The game loads up to about 50% and then crashes, with an error message.

3. What did you expect to happen instead? - The map to load normally as it has before when I switched from one map to other, I occasionally use my "testmap" with creative mode enabled to test things, like how many assemblers I would need etc, before I start to build them in my real map.

4. Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them. - Simply trying to load the map reproduces the crash at the exact same point

5. Does it happen always, once, or sometimes? - It happenes everytime on clicking Load map

Included in the attachments are all the mods from my mods folder, tho I actually don't use almost any of them, and the save where the crash occurs uses only 4 mods, Autodeconstruct 0.19, ModuleInserter 2.0.5, nanobots 1.8.9, upgrade-planner 1.4.11

I don't have any autosaves of the map working, as they are all from my "testmap" with creative mode on etc. I'm not too terriblly bothered about the map itself, I've restarted more times than I can count, but thought if it helps you guys solve an issue I might aswell post the bug report.

Attachments
mods.rar
(29.85 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
megabase.zip
(14.71 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
factorio-current.log
(7.75 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [15.40] Game Crash on loading map

Post by Rseding91 »

I tried un-zipping your save file and it reported a CRC error in level.dat. That means the file was corrupt somewhere between the game telling the operating system to save it and it being written to disk.

So far we haven't found any issue in our saving logic and that only leaves OS/hardware issues. You'll need to load an older version of your save to keep playing unless someone is able to figure out what portions of the level.dat where corrupt and fix them.

I recommend you run this and see if it finds any errors: http://www.memtest.org/
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”