[0.15.37] Manually downgraded savefile is corrupted

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
somekittens
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.15.37] Manually downgraded savefile is corrupted

Post by somekittens »

Followed rseding's advice here after downgrading to 0.15.37: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... 8/dqdw5cz/

I was able to edit the bytes in level.dat and script.dat, save, and view the save file in Factorio. The Base Mod was highlighted as the wrong version (still showed 0.15.38). When I load the save file, Factorio crashes

Crash log: https://gist.github.com/SomeKittens/05c ... d287944d10

(attaching relevant files in next post)

somekittens
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15.37] Manually downgraded savefile is corrupted

Post by somekittens »

(files attached)
Attachments
15 trains lily.zip
(25.1 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
mods.zip
(4.31 MiB) Downloaded 42 times

AreYouScared
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AreYouScared »

Do you happen to have a copy of the save before you edited it? I tried to put it back to 0.15.38 and it still crashes, maybe you edited a value wrong or somthing.

somekittens
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by somekittens »

Yup, here's the original. Hex files were edited in Sublime Text 2, if that helps. All I manually changed was the fifth byte (possible that some "helpful" feature changed other things)
Attachments
15 trains lily.zip
(25.11 MiB) Downloaded 35 times

chrisgbk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by chrisgbk »

I was able to edit/load the original files in 0.15.37 just fine. Seems that the ones you uploaded are truncated - they are identical to my changed versions, up until the end, when they abruptly end, cutting off the end of the file. Approx 1KB of script.dat and approx 32KB of level.dat is missing.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

chrisgbk wrote:I was able to edit/load the original files in 0.15.37 just fine. Seems that the ones you uploaded are truncated - they are identical to my changed versions, up until the end, when they abruptly end, cutting off the end of the file. Approx 1KB of script.dat and approx 32KB of level.dat is missing.
Yeah, you are right, thanks for mentioning that.

Here is the working 0.15.37 save
Attachments
15 trains lily2.zip
(25.26 MiB) Downloaded 38 times

somekittens
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by somekittens »

chrisgbk wrote:I was able to edit/load the original files in 0.15.37 just fine. Seems that the ones you uploaded are truncated - they are identical to my changed versions, up until the end, when they abruptly end, cutting off the end of the file. Approx 1KB of script.dat and approx 32KB of level.dat is missing.
Good to know, thanks. That's what I get for hex editing via WinRAR.
posila wrote:
Yeah, you are right, thanks for mentioning that.

Here is the working 0.15.37 save
Thanks so much! We've put a bunch of time into this. Hard to understate my appreciation for your recovery!

Return to “Technical Help”