[0.15.37] Save file corrupted while in-game?

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
YandolsZX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.15.37] Save file corrupted while in-game?

Post by YandolsZX »

My main world which I have spent 186 hours so far into it just got corrupted while I was in-game.

It's a world that I spent most of my hours in factorio in and I have everything set up to launch a rocket but have not yet done so because I'm trying to unlock as much achievements that I still can since I want to go modded after launching the rocket.

So the last thing I was doing was setting up another advanced circuit line and modifying my blueprints and then when autosave happened this error showed up:

I panicked after seeing that and did exactly what it said: Saved to a new file, quit the game, and prepared myself a factorio forums account (which i previously did not have) and made this post.

Tried starting up the game again and loaded the new save file but it crashed the game. I have not yet tried loading the previous autosaves.

Attached with the post is the save file as requested by the game and the crash log.

If it helps, I'm running the Steam version of Factorio on 0.15.37 and I'm on Windows 10 [Version 10.0.16299.64] 64-bit with 16GB of RAM and a dual-monitor setup.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(26.09 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
World Gamma_37c.zip
(22.46 MiB) Downloaded 92 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.37] Save file corrupted while in-game?

Post by Loewchen »

Read the message again and provide the other save as well please.

YandolsZX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by YandolsZX »

Apologies, I must have missed that.

Unfortunately my last working save file was about half a day ago. During the past few hours I was playing with my roommate on his Lan world, and completely forgot about backing up the autosave, and they got overwritten by autosaves from the Lan world. So, I just lost half a day's progress from my world, but I hope this older save would suffice for the bug report.
Attachments
World Gamma_37.zip
Last working save of same world.
(23.01 MiB) Downloaded 92 times

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Hi,
I am sorry for the trouble. There indeed is something wrong in the save, showing in the current version as well. The problem seems to be connected to some train. Not that this information is of any help though :( I can't really fix it unless I know the origin of the corruption and for that I would need to be able to reproduce it. It could even be entirely random. Did it happen to you again? I hope not :)
I will archive this report for now, feel free to follow up in case you can focus it down. Thank you.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”