[15.38] Train contents not matching "read from train"

Things that has been reported already before.
doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[15.38] Train contents not matching "read from train"

Post by doktorstick »

Howdy.

When I hover over the locomotive, it reads "Fluid wagon contents: 1.8". When I hover over the fluid wagon, it reports "0.6, 0.6, 0.6", respectively. My signal from "read from train" reports 0.

My guess is that each individual container of the fluid wagon reports independently, which in the fractional world of Factorio becomes 0+0+0, thereby making "read from train" report 0.

Unfortunately, this isn't intuitive, the UI is lying to the player, and it breaks a specific use case where you are re-using a fluid tanker because the pump logic will shutoff because the tanks are not empty, but the station reports them as such.

As an aside, it's also why if you have a field of tanks, you'll have some that have the empty graphic and some of the with the occupied graphic (<1.0), a sum in tens of fluid, but pumps attached to them won't pump.

Would fractional fluids rounding up for the purposes of combinator and pump operation solve this and not break corner-case? The upside is that true 0 could be tested in this way and graphically, tanks would empty out because pumps would run to empty.

Return to “Duplicates”