[Twinsen][0.15.37] Circuit Network causes crash if it is disconnected

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
withyouforyou
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Twinsen][0.15.37] Circuit Network causes crash if it is disconnected

Post by withyouforyou »

This is a bug that happened specifically between a pump and a tank. I experienced it once - didn't notice it until I realized I had misplaced my tanks (was about a 5 minutes difference). Fast forward a few hours and I had the issue occur a second time in another section of the map. (It has only occurred twice thus far, and I've gone 30+ hours afterwards without it happening again, but I am unable to move or alter the pump/tank in any way). Let me also add that I hadn't noticed the second time until several hours had passed so I have no idea why it would do it (all I had done is place the pump and the wire right afterwards)

What I have noticed, when I highlight the pump or storage tank, is that, the green wire (the one causing the issues, acts like a ghost wire. That meaning, when the pump or tank are highlighted, the green wire does not highlight like it should. As if it is schrodinger's wire. It exists, yet doesn't exist. Using the F4 menu, it shows as being 2 connections, but that is very much not the case (it somehow let me connect a red wire afterwards, so thankfully I was still able to use the tank since I couldn't move it).

The player of the same name (single player game) is stood right in front of the tank/pump combo (heavy oil) causing the issue. (I think it might be -61, -299?) (It is still present in my game 30+ hours later and I'd really like a way of being able to get rid of it because i need it gone ;))

Thanks!
Attachments
CircuitNetworkBugged.zip
.zip file of bugged save game
(30.49 MiB) Downloaded 83 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.37] Circuit Network causes crash if it is disconnected

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Do you have any idea how to reproduce the pump getting into that state? Do you remember if anything special happened with the tank or pump (maybe it died, you mined it and put it back at some point? used a blueprint?).

Also, was this save ever modded in any way?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

withyouforyou
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15.37] Circuit Network causes crash if it is disconnected

Post by withyouforyou »

Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report. Do you have any idea how to reproduce the pump getting into that state? Do you remember if anything special happened with the tank or pump (maybe it died, you mined it and put it back at some point? used a blueprint?).

Also, was this save ever modded in any way?
I haven't used any mods for this save (I actually haven't even looked into where to get them yet!)

I couldn't tell you how to reproduce it. I've yet to have it happen again, so I'm not too sure. (That's 30H later!)

What I do know, is absolutely nothing happened.

My steps when I had placed them were: Place tank, place pump, take green wire and connect. Nothing else ever happened between them and the only reason I even noticed the second one is because without the red wire on it, (so just the green), the circuit network doesn't function on it at all. (I had it set to a limit and it wouldn't turn on unless I set it to 0 for some reason.

Edit: Also, the pump never took any damages or was destroyed at all (I immediately placed the green wire on it, so it would be a guaranteed CTD if I would have even tried to mine it :p.)

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Twinsen][0.15.37] Circuit Network causes crash if it is disconnected

Post by Twinsen »

Two of us have looked at the bug and we can't find the issue.

It's possible it was a deserialization problem that was resolved.
If you encounter this problem again please report this bug again.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”