[posila][0.15.31] Game received 'unexpected error'

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Flint Waves
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[posila][0.15.31] Game received 'unexpected error'

Post by Flint Waves »

Had the game crash on me 3 times within 45 mins whilst playing my Lazy Bastard achievement map. Giving the same error each time.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.31] Game received 'unexpected error'

Post by posila »

The log looks like you just started Factorio, there is no crash. Can you post factorio-previous.log?

Flint Waves
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Flint Waves »

It could look that way as I installed Factorio for the first time on this machine a couple of weeks back? I'll upload my new factorio-current.log as the previous is now the original factorio-previous.log

I'll add that since my original post, the game has crashed twice for me again.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

What anti virus are you using?

Flint Waves
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Flint Waves »

I am only using Windows defender, and malwarebytes, have run a scan with both earlier today

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Update to 15.32, if it has fixes for antivirus issues that would result in incomplete logs.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

you could also do what i have and made an exception for factorio in my antivirus, i simply told my antivirus to not scan the factorio folder and haven't had any problems since

with the frequency that the factorio devs release their updates, it is hard for antivirus companys to keep up, each time factorio updates the antivirus companys have to update their list of validated programs, because the new version does not match their previous validation it thinks it's infected and doesn't want to let you run it, or gives some errors.

i love the game alot and update to the most recent version every time it becomes available, sometimes things work for the better, sometimes we find bugs, thankfully the wonderful devs fix these bugs pretty fast, but this is the price you pay for early access. as polished as this game is, you still need to remember you are playing what is essentially a beta.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

The second log doesn't have any record of a crash either.

Could you please download Process Explorer https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sys ... lorer.aspx and use it to create minidump of Factorio process when it shows "Unexpected error" dialog?
Just find Factorio process in Process Explorer, right click it, select Create Dump and then Create minidump. Save the .dmp file, zip it and upload it here, please.

Return to “Pending”