[Oxyd] [0.15.31] Keyboard and mouse "hold" issues on Ubuntu Linux

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
owl91
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.15.31] Keyboard and mouse "hold" issues on Ubuntu Linux

Post by owl91 »

Hi,

I play Factorio on Ubuntu Linux (16.04.2 LTS) and use the default version installed from Steam ("none - opt out of all beta programs") (steam api v017, built July 17 2017). Since the update to 0.15 on 7/27/2017, I've been having strange keyboard issues in Factorio (but not in other applications).

If I restart my computer and launch Factorio, everything works properly. However, if my computer goes to sleep and I have to sign in again, I start to have strange issues with the keyboard and mouse in-game.

What happens in this situation is: if I hold one of the movement keys (WASD), instead of running continuously, the character will run for a short distance (a few steps) and then stop. Additionally: if I select a building to place, then click, hold, and drag the mouse, only a single building is placed (instead of multiple, repeated buildings). If I restart my computer completely, "repeat" behavior works properly again.

(This issue is not specific to a particular saved game: it happens whether I restore from save or start a new game.)

There's really very little special about my Ubuntu installation. I don't have any special accessibility options enabled (key bounce, etc.). The one minor modification I make on my system is probably irrelevant; I use xkb to swap control and caps lock with:

dconf write /org/gnome/desktop/input-sources/xkb-options "['ctrl:swapcaps']"

[Update: added log file from a session when I experience the problem]
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(3.21 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

owl91
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [0.15.31] Keyboard and mouse "hold" issues on Ubuntu Linux

Post by owl91 »

I still don't know what is causing this problem, and I haven't experienced issues in other applications, but I suspect there may be something wrong with my system rather than Factorio. Unless there have been other similar reports, let's close this.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”