[posila][for 0.16][0.15.30] Constructions bots hang after deconstructing ports

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[posila][for 0.16][0.15.30] Constructions bots hang after deconstructing ports

Post by justarandomgeek »

When re-testing my automated moving wall, I found that many bots end up "hung", and chests incorrectly marked as not-in-coverage after it removes all the old roboports.

Attached savefile and mods to recreate, by pressing the button indicated by "Single/First Advance" Image

The chest issue seems to happen less frequently, and the number of hung bots varies on each run, but there are almost always some that get hung.

I also found that If I place a few extra roboports to the left, such that the lognet is not split by the removal of the old wall, no bots hang.

Edit: realized i forgot version number
Attachments
bugmods.zip
(39.78 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
botsbug.zip
(6.33 MiB) Downloaded 71 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila][0.15.30] Constructions bots hang after deconstructing ports

Post by posila »

I tried to reproduce it, but when I turn "Single/First Advance" pressbutton on, light starts flashing but other than that nothing happens. What do I need to do to make it work?

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [posila][0.15.30] Constructions bots hang after deconstructing ports

posila wrote:I tried to reproduce it, but when I turn "Single/First Advance" pressbutton on, light starts flashing but other than that nothing happens. What do I need to do to make it work?
Err, sorry, I guess I take pushbutton operation too much for granted - it sounds like you turned it on like you would a CC, which would make a continuous signal. Press 'f' over it and it'll turn on for only one tick to make the pulse required for this circuit!

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila][for 0.16][0.15.30] Constructions bots hang after deconstructing ports

Post by posila »

Thanks. So I've seen the behavior you described now and I will look at it again for 0.16, but it is not important issue to fix for 0.15. The problem is the logistic network was split and some robots were assigned to the new smaller network at the train station which doesn't have storage chests for the robots to drop off their cargo, so they just hang in the air.
I haven't managed to reproduce issue with chests incorrectly marked as not-in-coverage.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [posila][for 0.16][0.15.30] Constructions bots hang after deconstructing ports

Ah, it hadn't occurred to me that they might have joined the smaller network! I'll avoid it for now by keeping extra ports in between so they won't disconnect. :)

I'll see if I can repro the mismarked chests more reliably, I had only seen it in a few of my tests of this to begin with...

Return to “Pending”