[kovarex] [for 0.16] [0.15.30] Input block through loading bars

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Tux0n0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [for 0.16] [0.15.30] Input block through loading bars

Post by Tux0n0 »

i've been playing quite some multiplayer recently and i came across the problem that atleast the "server does not respond" bar blocks the input into the LUA console and also happens to quite often cancel the selection of input fields, e.g. the text of the alarm caused by speakers.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.30] Input block through loading bars

Post by Philip017 »

ive noticed this as well, it seems that any time there is a server message be it saving the game or someone is being dropped it has a tendency to block anything you type into the console, i don't think it used to be this way, it would let you continue typing even though it wouldn't send the message until you were able, but you could keep typing at least,

now, if it's saving or you're being dropped or anything else that causes the game to pause it locks you out of typing, it is quite annoying when it happens. ive had to retype several messages, when the server abruptly decides to auto save or someone joins.

the pause to save in this game i have never gotten used to, still very jarring and interruptive to game play, but that hasn't stopped me from playing tho >2700hrs.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.31] Input block through loading bars

Post by Philip017 »

this is still present in 15.31 and interrupts typing functions (most notably in console to chat) when someone joins, or the server is saving the map.

i don't believe this was an issue in earlier 14 and 15, and i know i have read the devs also dont like to wait on the saves, but when the saves stop you from completing a sentence or a word, especially noted if your internet connection is just at that point where you get the random server not responding message for a split second and you missed a letter or two because of it. multiplayer is a lot about socializing and this bug has added a challenge/frustration to the aspect.

suggested way to easily reproduce:
1-load a large save on the server (>100mb compressed would work nicely many of my server saves get to be this big before reset)
2-start typing a message into the console
3-have someone join as you are typing
4-notice nothing gets input while the server saves the map for the player that is about to join
5-retype the message you wanted to type while the server saved the map.

if someone could please address this, would be appreciated thanks.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [for 0.16] [0.15.30] Input block through loading bars

Post by kovarex »

Fixed for 0.16

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”