[kovarex] [0.15.X] Multipler Lifetime Green Circuit Achievments

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
kd7uiy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [0.15.X] Multipler Lifetime Green Circuit Achievments

Post by kd7uiy »

I noticed this the first time I joined an MMO event from Katherine of Sky for the No Spoon Achievement. Previous to that, I had about 2 million GCs produced. After the event, I achieved the 20 million award. The total production of GC in the play through was only around a million, which had me very confused. It seemed it was inflated somehow.

I've been watching Katherine's latest MMO video using 0.15.21 or so, I'm not quite sure of the exact version, and I noticed that after a server crash and everyone had to re-join, that someone received the 20 million GC achievement upon rejoining. I've suspected for a while what happened is that rejoining somehow increased the GCs in the lifetime by the total produced over the lifetime of the map, which results in way higher GC lifetime than was real. This seems to confirm it for me that they are somehow related. If I am right, one could join a multiplayer even where, say, 1 million circuits have been produced, and then drop and re-join a few times, and get the achievement very quickly, despite doing little real work.

I'm not super familiar with the way Factorio code works, but there are a few potential solutions, if this in fact proves to be true (I don't really have a way to test it). One could be to store the number of GCs produced to date when joining a map, and subtracting the total the map has produced from the number at joining, and using that in calculations, which seems to me to be the most straightforward. Again, I'm not certain that I have the exact mechanism, but I am sure it existed in 0.14, and I have seen evidence that it might still exist in 0.15.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.15.X] Multipler Lifetime Green Circuit Achievments

Post by posila »

There was a problem with production stats being multiplied by number of online players in the game. It has been fixed for 0.16

kd7uiy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.15.X] Multipler Lifetime Green Circuit Achievments

Post by kd7uiy »

Nice. I suspected it was something along those lines. Good work!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”