[Rseding91] [0.15.x] Deconstruction planner summary goes off screen edge

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Rseding91] [0.15.x] Deconstruction planner summary goes off screen edge

Post by dgw »

Playing fullscreen on a 1080p display, if I zoom all the way out and use the deconstruction planner to mark large areas from top right to bottom left (like the entire smelting setup for one of my circuit factories, tonight), if the cursor gets too close to the left edge of the screen the summary of items that will be deconstructed goes out of view.

I tried several different ways of taking a screenshot of this but had no success—either the keybinding I set in the OS to take a screenshot interrupted the deconstruction planner, or caused the selection to complete and robots to start removing entities. If needed I will try a more brute-force approach, but I think the problem is evident enough if one simply uses any deconstruction planner to select most of the visible area from top right to bottom left.

When selecting from left to right, this is not an issue. It only manifests when selecting from right to left, because the entity counts are hardcoded to appear on the left side of the cursor.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [0.15.x] Deconstruction planner summary goes off screen edge

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is something I've meant to change for a while but never got around to.

It's now changed for the next version of 0.15 so it always renders the icons inward on the area you select instead of always to the left left.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”