Pressing "Q" on ghost pipes gives it in wrong orientation

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
gamerlink
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Pressing "Q" on ghost pipes gives it in wrong orientation

Post by gamerlink »

As far as I know, when pressing "Q" on ghost buildings it gives you the item orientated in the right direction (conveyor belts and underground belts for example). However this does not work with underground pipes. When you press "Q" on a ghost underground pipe facing East for example, it will give you the item facing either East or West depending on the last orientation of the pipe, I think. Similarly for the North/South directions.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Pressing "Q" on ghost pipes gives it in wrong orientation

Post by Loewchen »

Works flawless for me in 15.23. If you still experience the issue, provide additional information please.

gamerlink
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gamerlink »

To replicate:
1. Place ghost image of underground pipe.
2. Now place the actual underground pipe, somewhere next to it (facing the same way as the ghost image). Thus the game will place it, and in your hand the next pipe to be placed is facing in the opposite direction.
3. Now press "Q" to get rid of the pipe in your hand, and then press "Q" on the ghost image.

The bug only starts to show up, once you've placed down at least 1 underground pipe (step 2).

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

gamerlink wrote:To replicate:
1. Place ghost image of underground pipe.
2. Now place the actual underground pipe, somewhere next to it (facing the same way as the ghost image). Thus the game will place it, and in your hand the next pipe to be placed is facing in the opposite direction.
3. Now press "Q" to get rid of the pipe in your hand, and then press "Q" on the ghost image.

The bug only starts to show up, once you've placed down at least 1 underground pipe (step 2).
Can confirm this behaviour.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now *mostly* fixed for the next version of 0.15.

I say mostly because if you pipette the exit piece of an underground belt and build it free-standing it will be going the other direction due to game limitations when holding something in your cursor to-be-built.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”