[0.15.21] Strange multiplayer/local save interaction

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.15.21] Strange multiplayer/local save interaction

Post by DRY411S »

Steps to reproduce
  1. Since 0.15.21 update (STEAM edition) every time I try to login to multiplayer 'Connect to server' option, I'm asked to provide my username
  2. The IP address is blank, it always used to be populated with the last server
  3. When I've supplied that I'm then asked for my factorio password, this didn't use to happen either
  4. Then I have to type the server password, as normal.
  5. (May not be part of the bug, but provided here) The multiplayer server disconnects me because of a bad server-side internet connection
  6. So with the server unavailable, If I try to load a local autosave of the server map, factorio gives me a multiplayer lobby login instead of treating it as a local single player save
  7. In fact, it does this for every saved game I have, including ones that have NEVER been multiplayer
  8. Only if I restart factorio does this problem with loading local saves as if they are on a server go away

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.21] Strange multiplayer/local save interaction

Post by DRY411S »

And now after reproducing it several times, it no longer is asking me for my username and password (steps 1 and 3) nor does it forger the server IP (step 2)

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Ok, problem recurring. It seems to be directly linked with step 5. After being disconnected from a server, my client just seems to 'forget' stuff.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

DRY411S wrote:Steps to reproduce
  • 6. So with the server unavailable, If I try to load a local autosave of the server map, factorio gives me a multiplayer lobby login instead of treating it as a local single player save
Are you sure you are not confusing "Load Game" from the multiplayer menu with "Load Game" from the play menu? The menus are quite similar and confusing.

Return to “Pending”