[0.15.x] Can't change port, always reverts to default

Bugs that are actually features.
Macanski
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.x] Can't change port, always reverts to default

Post by Macanski »

I've wanted to change the default port in config.ini from the default (34197) to some other port, but every time the game starts it reverts back to it's default port, same thing happening with either Steam version or stand-alone (.zip) version. Also tried with parameter "--port=xxxx" but didn't work either.

Ended up creating another port forwarding rule on the router but I wanted to use the port that is already forwarded.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.x] Can't change port, always reverts to default

Post by posila »

--port works only for headless server as far as I know.
Did you uncomment the line when you changed it? (Did you delete semicolon at the beginning of the line?)

Macanski
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15.x] Can't change port, always reverts to default

Post by Macanski »

posila wrote:--port works only for headless server as far as I know.
Did you uncomment the line when you changed it? (Did you delete semicolon at the beginning of the line?)
It was the semicolon... :oops:

My first mistake was trying to change the port using (windows) notepad which results in all "line feed" chars being ignored and ending up with all parameters in a single line separated with semicolons, never occurred to me those were "ignore line" symbols in this case...

Once I opened the config.ini with notepad++ it was all clear... works like a charm now.

But still, in the stable build (v0.14.23) opening config.ini with notepad works fine. The config.ini file was (is) formatted differently and all lines have "carriage return" char followed by "line feed" char at the end of each line, and no line is commented with a semicolon. This was the source of my confusion all this time.

Thanks for your help, turns out it wasn't an issue after all :)

EDIT: typo

Return to “Not a bug”