[0.15.5] Research is incorrectly ordered

Bugs that are actually features.
Laar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.5] Research is incorrectly ordered

Post by Laar »

After researching Laser Turret Damage 3 (IIRC) I noticed that the technologies are out of order. (See attached screenshot, edit2: bottom one)

I am not sure what the exact ordering algorithm is/should be, but I think the following technologies might be incorrect, numbering is (r=row, c = column).
  • Laser turret damage 3 (r4, c4), compared to the technologies on its left and right it also uses blue science. This seems to be incorrect.
    Personal Laser defence to Follower robot count 1 (r5,c5 - r6,c5), again some include blue others don't
    Effect transmission to Kovarex enrichment process (r7,c5-r8 c4) I expected Effect transmission and Personal robot port 2 to be besides each other, just as Logistic system and the Kovarex enrichement process
Edit: the order seems to be unaffected by saving and reloading.
Edit 2: It seems that I didn't read the posting instructions completely.

So in addition I researched (in that order) Inserter capacity bonus 3 and Laser turret shooting speed 2 (Screenshot 2). The location of Laser turret shooting speed 3 seems to be also incorrect, as it includes blue science but neither neighbour does. What I expected was that the ordering of research is primarily based on the science packs needed.

See also the logs as attachments.

If needed I have a save which is before the research mentioned in edit number 2.
P.S. the grey corner on laser tower damage is probably from my composition manager and the screenshot program window.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
After the research in edit 2
After the research in edit 2
bug2_insertsize_laserspeed.png (2.15 MiB) Viewed 1338 times
Initial incorrect ordering
Initial incorrect ordering
Screenshot_2017-04-30_16-34-56.png (2.06 MiB) Viewed 1357 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.5] Research is incorrectly ordered

Post by Rseding91 »

The technology ordering sorts by the number of science packs each technology takes (the 'x ###' next to the science packs).

So, it's working as intended - although maybe it could be sorted better. For now I'm going to leave it as it is.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Laar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15.5] Research is incorrectly ordered

Post by Laar »

Rseding91 wrote:The technology ordering sorts by the number of science packs each technology takes (the 'x ###' next to the science packs).

So, it's working as intended - although maybe it could be sorted better. For now I'm going to leave it as it is.
Ok, so the ordering is based on
  • 1. Maximum science pack (first at most red, then at most green, then at most blue, etc.), independent of unused lower types.
    2. The amount needed (disregarding the possible multiples).
Though not as I expected, I think it still contains a bug, see attachment. Mining productivity 7 costs 700 of each while the auto trash slots costs 150 of each. Is this a bug and if so, do you want a separate bug report or is this report sufficient?
Attachments
bug2.png
bug2.png (1.89 MiB) Viewed 1300 times

Return to “Not a bug”