[0.15.X] Rocket shooting speed 4 & 5 cost ... the same?

Bugs that are actually features.
mathturtle
Inserter
Inserter

[0.15.X] Rocket shooting speed 4 & 5 cost ... the same?

Post by mathturtle »

Both are (60 seconds) * (1 red + 1 green + 1 blue + 1 military) * 300. Shouldn't 5 be more expensive or take production packs or something?

Steam just updated to 0.15.5 this morning and I checked in a new game to see if that is still in this release and it is. And advanced search of the forums is not working right now, so sorry if this is a duplicate. I couldn't find another report of it.

mathturtle
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.X] Rocket shooting speed 4 & 5 cost ... the same?

Post by mathturtle »

So now that I am looking for it, there are quite a few cases among the damage/shooting speed upgrades where two levels cost the same. Is this intentional? It just seemed weird so I figured I'd ask.

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

mathturtle wrote:So now that I am looking for it, there are quite a few cases among the damage/shooting speed upgrades where two levels cost the same. Is this intentional? It just seemed weird so I figured I'd ask.
The percent increases stack on top of each other (added to the previous achievements). I recommended the devs make the descriptions a bit clearer in that they are additive, but it was filed as not a bug without a reason given.
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

It's not a bug. They just happen to cost the same. They do stack up so you basically just get more granularity over your upgrades.

The way bonuses are added should be pretty clear by looking at the bonuses window.

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

Twinsen wrote:It's not a bug. They just happen to cost the same. They do stack up so you basically just get more granularity over your upgrades.

The way bonuses are added should be clear by looking at the bonuses window.
Understood that it's not a bug, but the in-game description would be a bit clearer if it included the word 'additional' in the increments beyond the first upgrade.
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

Return to “Not a bug”