[0.15.4] Train will not refuel when switching fuel types

Bugs that are actually features.
dmeranda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.4] Train will not refuel when switching fuel types

Post by dmeranda »

I have a double-headed train (two engines) at a stop and which has run out of fuel (a blinking fuel icon) but inserters will not add fuel. The train used to be powered by coal, but this stop has solid fuel available. One engine is completely empty and the other is almost empty, in that all three fuel slots are empty but there is still a fractional amount of coal left by looking at the red "progress bar" to the right of the fuel slots.

There is solid fuel available for both engines, and the inserters are powered. However they refuse to add the fuel to either engine, but just hold the fuel block over the engine. I tried picking up and replacing the inserters.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15.4] Train will not refuel when switching fuel types

Post by Nexela »

You will probably want to upload your save so somebody can look at it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Is the train stopped at the train stop or did it stop at a signal/run out of fuel and happen to land next to the inserters?

Inserters won't load/unload anything from a train unless it's stopped manually or stopped at the train stop it's driving to.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

dmeranda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dmeranda »

That was it. The train was not technically at the stop, I guess it had ran out of fuel and momentum just a tick or two shy of reaching the station.

Though it's position was indistinguishable from a train that was stopped ... even when it was refuelled and sent to the stop it didn't even move a single pixel!

It would be nice if there was some visual indication when a train is actually considered to be at the station.

Return to “Not a bug”