[Oxyd] [0.15.3] Can't load base scenarios with headless

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
SilverB1rd
Inserter
Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.15.3] Can't load base scenarios with headless

Post by SilverB1rd »

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a headless server to run the wave defense scenario.

I'm trying to launch the server with (left off the standard server config stuff in this example)

Code: Select all

.\bin\x64\factorio.exe --start-server-load-scenario wave-defense
but I keep getting

Code: Select all

The scenario does not contain control.lua. Loading freeplay scripts.
I've tried variations of the path to the wave-defense folder in data\base\scenarios\ but still the same error.

What is the correct way to specify a scenario for --start-server-load-scenario?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Setup for Headless Wave Defense Scenario

Post by daniel34 »

After trying a few variations myself I checked with Process Monitor and it seems to only look into the user scenarios folder (%appdata%\Factorio\scenarios or with headless/zip wherever you extracted it to).

It will work correctly with your command line if you copy the wave-defense scenario from Factorio\data\base\scenarios\wave-defense to Factorio\scenarios\wave-defense.

I'm moving this to bug reports since to me this looks like a bug.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

SilverB1rd
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Setup for Headless Wave Defense Scenario

Post by SilverB1rd »

daniel34 wrote:After trying a few variations myself I checked with Process Monitor and it seems to only look into the user scenarios folder (%appdata%\Factorio\scenarios or with headless/zip wherever you extracted it to).

It will work correctly with your command line if you copy the wave-defense scenario from Factorio\data\base\scenarios\wave-defense to Factorio\scenarios\wave-defense.

I'm moving this to bug reports since to me this looks like a bug.

Wow, confirmed on my server, moving the scenario folder works! Thanks Daniel, I agree this seems like unintended behavior.

Cutemine
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.3] Can't load base scenarios with headless

Post by Cutemine »

As far as I can tell, it only works if you copy it to the above mentioned location, putting them anywhere else will generate or load a "wave-defense"-named normal map even if you specify the exact absolute path to the scenario.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.3] Can't load base scenarios with headless

Post by daniel34 »

Cutemine wrote:As far as I can tell, it only works if you copy it to the above mentioned location, putting them anywhere else will generate or load a "wave-defense"-named normal map even if you specify the exact absolute path to the scenario.
That's what confused me as well. If --start-server-load-scenario doesn't find a valid scenario it should give an error message and quit the server, just like --start-server does.

Players are likely thinking that the server is running correctly since it is InGame, and after realizing they are on the wrong map (if they even realize) they look for an error that should have been given by the game in the first place: scenario not found.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Oxyd] [0.15.3] Can't load base scenarios with headless

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks. I fixed the lack of an error when the scenario isn't found.

I also allowed specifying mod name in --start-server-load-scenario – you'll be able to use --start-server-load-scenario base/wave-defense to load the scenario from the base mod.

Both are coming in 0.15.19.

Cutemine
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [0.15.3] Can't load base scenarios with headless

Post by Cutemine »

nice! thank you!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”