0.15.x FPS Drops (Nvidia Share?)

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
skillabstinenz
Inserter
Inserter

0.15.x FPS Drops (Nvidia Share?)

Post by skillabstinenz »

I'm experiencing short FPS drops every couple of seconds, when Nvidia Share is activated. This happens also in new game and tutorial maps. So it shouldn't be some performance issue. I'm not experiencing the FPS drops in other games with Nvidia Share.

Factorio and Geforce should be up to date: 0.15.1 and 381.89
Last edited by skillabstinenz on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: FPS Drops Nvidia Share

Post by Loewchen »

Post the info requested in the Performance Issue section in Known Issues and the log (for system info).

skillabstinenz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by skillabstinenz »

log (in MP corresponding logs of server and client) after a session with the issue
save-file
the .ziped mod folder (when using mods)
screenshot with show_time_used_percent, show_fps and show_multiyplayer_statistics activated in the debug settings (F4 -> F5) (no additional debug settings may be activated!)
1-4 Files are appended.

Regarding 3, had the problem without mods too.

4. Couldn't find show_time_used_percent so I used show-time-usage.
Attachments
factorio-current testworld.log
(3.6 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Testing.zip
(3.39 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
testworld.png
testworld.png (4.19 MiB) Viewed 2118 times
LoaderRedux_0.1.0.zip
mod used, happends before without it though
(371.7 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

skillabstinenz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by skillabstinenz »

log (in MP corresponding logs of server and client) after a session with the issue
save-file
the .ziped mod folder (when using mods)
screenshot with show_time_used_percent, show_fps and show_multiyplayer_statistics activated in the debug settings (F4 -> F5) (no additional debug settings may be activated!)
1-4 Attached again.
3. no mods this time

In both cases the Factorio version is now 0.15.3

Funny thing is, I think I first encountered these stutters back in 0.14, when I added a new mod which should help with the performance. Maybe that fucked the config up somehow? I think it was https://mods.factorio.com/mods/AntiElite/UPS-up but the mods section is down for me atm.

Edit: That's how it looks with the stutters: https://youtu.be/IGbJiRFJJ6Q
Attachments
fresh 0.15.png
fresh 0.15.png (4.22 MiB) Viewed 2112 times
fresh 0.15.zip
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
fresh 0.15 factorio-current fresh.log
(3.46 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

skillabstinenz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by skillabstinenz »

So I made the last two post, then I restarted Factorio again and the stutters are gone again... (Didn't change anything in Factorio or Nvidia Share)

This time I have the data though:
The screenshots where taken after loading the same saves as before, but now no stutters. Then I saved them again, those are provided too. The log is also included.

Edit: Restarted Factorio again, working again (with Nvidia Share). So yeah I have no idea whats causing it.
Lukily I caught it "on cam" when it happened, so you know how it looks like and have some data to analyse.
Attachments
fine.7z
(13.42 MiB) Downloaded 89 times

Return to “1 / 0 magic”