[0.14.22] Rare crash on startup

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
nitro_hedgehog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.14.22] Rare crash on startup

Post by nitro_hedgehog »

the game was previously running fine, no changes whatsoever between the two sessions.

now the game hangs on startup with a white screen and after 9 seconds gives me the "copy log and post to forums" message but just before the bug report popup a 2nd instance of the game launches (also an unresponsive white box).

i have re validated files, rebooted my PC, and removed all mods but still get the same result. i'm at a loss what to do next

EDIT: i decided to try again and the game just... decided to work, mods and all. i did not shut down my pc or open/close any new programs. i have no idea what happened.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(3.69 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Last edited by nitro_hedgehog on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.14.22] Crash on startup

Post by quinor »

Do you run Linux Factorio under Cygwin on Windows?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

quinor wrote:Do you run Linux Factorio under Cygwin on Windows?
The cygwin paths in the log file have nothing to do with the crash, it's the directory Factorio was compiled in.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

nitro_hedgehog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nitro_hedgehog »

quinor wrote:Do you run Linux Factorio under Cygwin on Windows?
no, windows 10.

also this problem just popped up again. i don't know what the trigger is, i just played it earlier today with no issues and didn't change a thing in the meantime.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(3.69 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.14.22] Rare crash on startup

Post by posila »

Hi, could you please download Process Explorer https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sys ... lorer.aspx and use it to create minidump of Factorio process when it crashes? (Don't close the "unexpected error" dialog)
Just find Factorio process in Process Explorer, right click it, select Create Dump and then Create minidump. Save the .dmp file, zip it and upload it here, please.

Taeryx527
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Taeryx527 »

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, though I have no mods and it has happened every time except the first time I played.

I have attached the dmp file.

Kind regards,

Taeryx
Attachments
factoriocrash.zip
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 82 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

@Taeryx527: Thanks, I'll investigate the dump when I get to our office. On the off chance you don't have exactly the same issue, please post also your factorio-current.log

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Ok, you do have exactly same issue. Can you try to disable screen overlays and try again? (Excluding Steam overlay, which I trust don't cause any issues, there are also RivaTuner Statistic Server, Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming Engine and ASUSTeK OSD)

Return to “Pending”