[0.13.0] [kovarex] 'A new hope' Adv. electronics unavailable

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Nymru
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.13.0] [kovarex] 'A new hope' Adv. electronics unavailable

Post by Nymru »

This is about the mission where you first research automated rail ways.

The step where you need to make solar panels and put them in your car is bugged. You can't research it.
See screenshot:

The dependancies aren't available.

-Nymru

Walsy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.13.0] Campaign bug - mission 'A new hope' level 2

Post by Walsy »

I've just encountered this bug as well. The game seemed to be playing properly, but the first time I saved and closed it gave me an error log. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, so I stupidly did not record it, however upon reloading the file, the research was not available. I kept playing to see if anything changed as i progressed, but no luck there. Furthermore, I researched all the other options just to see if I was missing something in the mission's story line. It didn't end up changing anything, but I'll see if I can reproduce the bug to get the error log.

EDIT: No luck on reproducing the bug. When I have the time I'll try playing through the level again and be sure to record it if it comes up once more.

Emk0rp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Emk0rp »

I encountered this issue as well. unable to research Advanced Electronics.

CodeZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CodeZ »

To reproduce, start new level-02 (from either New Hope / beta-campaign or by copying the campaign level to scenarios and starting it from there), mark electronics complete

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.technologies['electronics'].researched=true
and see tech tree: advanced electronics cannot be started even though there is "no" missing dependencies.

However, technology data-files state (since 0.13.0) that plastics research is now prerequisite for advanced electronics, though plastics are not enabled in this level which leads us to this conflict. Solar panels itself do not require advanced circuits nor engineering circuits...

For a workaround, run

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.technologies['plastics'].researched=true
to mark plastics done. It enables plastic bars that are not needed for the level, but at least allows to continue with the mission.

(Affects 0.13.1 too.)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.0] [kovarex] Campaign bug - mission 'A new hope' level 2

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is fixed for 0.13.2 now.

DenisBY
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.13.0] [kovarex] 'A new hope' Adv. electronics unavailable

Post by DenisBY »

I have similar issue with `railroad`technology on same mission and level ('A new hope' level 2) but with game version 0.15.33.14264 from GOG. It's 'unavailable'. Had to use `/c` command to mark it as researched.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.0] [kovarex] 'A new hope' Adv. electronics unavailable

Post by Klonan »

DenisBY wrote:I have similar issue with `railroad`technology on same mission and level ('A new hope' level 2) but with game version 0.15.33.14264 from GOG. It's 'unavailable'. Had to use `/c` command to mark it as researched.
The cause of this issue is already fixed for 0.16

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”