[1.1.74] Ammo types applying an effect don't get damage bonus

Bugs that are actually features.
Tsuranuki
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.74] Ammo types applying an effect don't get damage bonus

Post by Tsuranuki »

I'm currently working on a mod that adds extra ammo types. While testing the application of stickers when hitting a target, I noticed that the sticker only applies its base damage, and ignores any damage from ammo bonuses.

Take the following ammo type
screenshot 2022-12-06 19.16.38.png
screenshot 2022-12-06 19.16.38.png (30.97 KiB) Viewed 695 times
For testing purposes it only applies a sticker that does 5 (base) fire damage per second, for 5 seconds (so 25 (base) damage total) In this testing world the ammo damage bonus has been set to 160%, and the tooltip indeed adds 160% bonus damage, for an additional 8 damage per second.

Upon firing the ammo at a target, a spidertron whose fire resistance has been set to 0/0% for testing purposes, it only does 25 damage total, instead of the expected 65 damage.

I would expect either:
  • It correctly applies the bonus damage shown in the tooltip, or
  • For it to not show the bonus damage in the tooltip
Attached are the testing world with 160% ammo damage bonus, and a test mod which adds the test ammo, test sticker, and changes the spidertron fire resistance.
Enable the mod, load the save file, put 1 test ammo into the turret. The turret is marked as enemy and will immediately shoot the spidertron. Observe the loss of HP on the spidertron.
Attachments
bug testing.zip
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
test-mod.zip
(1.42 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
factorio-current.log
(5.58 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.74] Ammo types applying an effect don't get damage bonus

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That is because you're looking at the tooltip on the "player" force when the turret is on the "enemy" force and has different research states/damage modifiers.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”