[1.1.73] LuaTechnology artillery upgrades has upgrade set to false

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Theis
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.73] LuaTechnology artillery upgrades has upgrade set to false

Post by Theis »

The LuaTechnology artillery-shell-range-1 and artillery-shell-speed-1 has the field upgrade=false, while every other similar technology (eg. weapon-shooting-speed-1) has it set to true.

I was trying to filter non-infinite unfinished research, and the upgrade field gave a rough estimate of whether the technology was infinite or not. Except for the artillery upgrades.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.73] LuaTechnology artillery upgrades has upgrade set to false

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I think this may be related: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=103658
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Theis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Theis »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:25 pm
I think this may be related: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=103658
I can't see their relation, except they both mention artillery.

This report is of the discrepancy between [artillery-shell-range-1, artillery-shell-speed-1] and all other weapon upgrade technologies.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

I wouldn't call this a bug - there is only one technology.

Code: Select all

upgrade = true
is for when there are multiple technologies and "they should be shown as one that keeps going".

https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Technology#upgrade That's how upgrade's behavior is described, and that's how it's used.

To check if a technology is "infinite", the best answer is if the prototype has a max_level and it's 4294967295
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Return to “Minor issues”