[1.1.69] Fullscreen unminimizable hiding windows warnings

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
vlad2305m
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.69] Fullscreen unminimizable hiding windows warnings

Post by vlad2305m »

Expected: warning renders on top of the game.
Current: warning renders below the game, pausing the update progress silently and indefenetly. Once selected through alt+tab, it starts rendering correctly.

1. Have Graphics: ☑Full screen and ⬜Minimize on focus lost
2. Have game run from a mapped network drive that Windows does not trust: make symbolic directory link

Code: Select all

%AppData%\Factorio -> N:\\Factorio
Each time you open .ink links between directories in that drive, Windows should complain.
3. Launch game and get "Update to 1.1.70" message, accept.
4. Discover that the update progress bar is still stuck on ≈99% after 5 minutes, click the game to check that it is responding
5. Open Task Manager and see that there are 2 Factorio apps, one of which is Windows asking to open "...\temp\Factorio.exe" from an untrusted network location. It was hidden under full-screen Factorio all this time!
6. Alt+tab to the message and finish the update in 5 seconds with another message appearing, this time properly, when Factorio is temporarily closed.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.69] Fullscreen unminimizable hiding windows warnings

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however we don't have any control of the order or layer that windows decides to display popups or the game. So as far as I can tell there's nothing we can do about this.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”