[1.1.69] Red strikethrough when deleting mod without dependency

Bugs that are actually features.
BurninSun
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.69] Red strikethrough when deleting mod without dependency

Post by BurninSun »

When a mod doesn't have a dependency met and is disabled, when deleting it, the name is greyed out due to being disabled (as expected), but a red strikethrough is placed over it which is a bit confusing as to what it is indicating. Normally, the strikethrough is grey when deleting a disabled mod, it only shows red when that mod doesn't meet a dependency. The strikethrough should be grey to match the text as being a disabled mod.
strikethrough 1.jpg
strikethrough 1.jpg (652.01 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
strikethrough 2.jpg
strikethrough 2.jpg (650.33 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
Last edited by BurninSun on Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.69] Red strikethrough when deleting mod without dependency

Post by FuryoftheStars »

The strikethrough means it is marked for deletion. When the game restarts, that mod will no longer be in the list, so really, having the strikethrough be grey has no value (and would be harder to see).
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

BurninSun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BurninSun »

The strikethrough is normally grey when deleting disabled mods. It only shows red in cases where a dependency is not met which makes little sense in the context of marking a mod for deletion.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Ah, thanks for the clarification and edit to your initial post with that information.

With that, this indeed would seem like a bug.

That said, I actually think it would be good if the strike-through was always red, disabled or not, as it'd make scrolling through and spotting the things I've marked for deletion easier. There have been times where I've marked something for deletion and then before committing the change (restarting the game) I change my mind and then have to go back through and try and find it (and don't always remember the name of it). Grey on grey isn't always the easiest for me to see.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Strike-through rendering uses the font color and in this case the font color is red so it renders red. I don't consider that worth changing.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”