[1.1.69] “Activate tooltip” control does nothing in most cases.

Post your bugs and problems so we can fix them.
NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[1.1.69] “Activate tooltip” control does nothing in most cases.

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

If the control “Activate tooltip” is set to a regular key on the keyboard (A-Z, modifiers viz. shift, control, alt), then pressing that key does not activate the tooltips for menu tooltips (e. g. for settings) but the key will activate entity tooltips. If the control for “Activate tooltip” is set to a function key (F1-F24), then the key works as expected, revealing the tooltip when hovering over the text or the small information icon & it will also work for entity tooltips.

I believe this bug is a recent regression because I remember being able to use the shift key in previous versions (1.1.lower version); it is very irritating because it means I am no longer able to use the shift key to reveal these tooltips.

I have attached a video demonstrating what I mean as I am not sure my description is clear.
video
Attachments
2022-09-17 21-30-45.mp4
(8.75 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
Last edited by NotRexButCaesar on Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
: Si tamen per Pontium Aquilam licuerit! The best way to avoid anxiety is to stop thinking about yourself; start thinking about other people.
Most people have not actually heard the gospel before.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.69] “Activate tooltip” control is broken.

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

I noticed further that the control does work for blueprint menu tooltips; it is perhaps only the settings gui which is broken?
: Si tamen per Pontium Aquilam licuerit! The best way to avoid anxiety is to stop thinking about yourself; start thinking about other people.
Most people have not actually heard the gospel before.

Return to “Bug Reports”