[1.1.61] Headless server does not provide save file to connecting clients

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
txr13
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.61] Headless server does not provide save file to connecting clients

Post by txr13 »

When connecting to the headless server, I am prompted for the server password. Once provided, I see "Waiting for server to save the map", followed by the "Server not responding" timeout bar. Following the server logs on the other screen, I can see that the server does save the map for the client, but the client never transitions out of ConnectedWaitingForMap.

I can successfully open the save within my Windows client. I can also host this save successfully from my Windows client. (When doing so, I can see from the logs that clients do successfully transition from ConnectedWaitingForMap to ConnectedDownloadingMap after the "server" client finishes saving the map.)

I have provided a log from my Windows client and a log from the Linux headless server. I have also provided a Wireshark capture (using a capture filter of "host <server ip> and udp") taken on the Windows client, all from the same execution. The save file is also provided. The headless server is running as a VM on my Windows box, so no external network equipment is involved. All firewalls were disabled.

The logs show two different connection scenarios I tried. The first time, I attempted to connect, and waited out the "server not responding" bar until the client dropped the connection. The server completed the save approximately one second or less before the client dropped entirely. On the second time, I cancelled the server join roughly 40% of the way through the "server not responding" bar and then immediately reconnected, to try and give the server more time to complete the save. The server did complete the save with ample time remaining on the "server not responding" bar, but the client still never picked up the map, and dropped the connection.

All files are provided at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.61] Headless server does not provide save file to connecting clients

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Are you able to reproduce this with the latest 1.1. version? There has been a few fixes for this specific issue in the meantime.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Pending”