[1.1.57] LTN Mod setting "Factorio Alerts" does not work on linux

Bugs that are actually features.
zepanv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.57] LTN Mod setting "Factorio Alerts" does not work on linux

Post by zepanv »

Factorio 1.1.57 (build 59622, linux64, steam)
Many Mods.

I recently switched to linux and continued my previous game save which heavily uses the LTN mod. There is a mod setting "Factorio Alerts" to turn off the alert sound when it schedules trains and such. This setting does not seem to work in linux, checked on or off the alert sounds still play. I created an issue on the mod page (https://github.com/Yousei9/Logistic-Tra ... issues/290) and was told it was a problem with the game not the mod.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.57] Linux - LTN Mod setting (alerts)

Post by Loewchen »

Post a save and exact steps to produce the issue. Explain what happens and what you want to happen instead.

zepanv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.57] LTN Mod setting "Factorio Alerts" does not work on linux

Post by zepanv »

Load the demo map from the mod page (attached).

The per player setting Factorio Alerts when unchecked should not cause the alert sounds when LTN schedules a train or sends other messages. This works properly on windows but does not on linux.
Attachments
LTN Demo 1.13.x.zip
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 153 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Can you show me a small video of it not working on linux? Looking at the mod code there's nothing wrong and having written the entirety of mod settings code there is no platform specific logic anywhere.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

SpeckledFleebeedoo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SpeckledFleebeedoo »

Played around with it a bit on Linux, 1.1.59:

The alerts LTN creates do not make any noise. (Tested with the building destroyed alert and those do still make noise, so that seems to be intended.)
The chat notifications LTN creates do make noise in the form of a new chat message ping, unless you turn the volume for chat down, or set a different message level in the LTN Map settings.
Locomotive aficionado. Also known as Train Tech

zepanv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zepanv »

It's the chat notification sound, when the alert is toggled off in the mod settings on windows the chat messages still appear but do not cause an audible alert. When I tried it in linux no matter if the mod setting was off or on the audible alert happened on every chat message that LTN sent.

zepanv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zepanv »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 3:55 pm
Can you show me a small video of it not working on linux? Looking at the mod code there's nothing wrong and having written the entirety of mod settings code there is no platform specific logic anywhere.
When I posted the issue on the mod github he said it must be a problem with the game, since there is nothing platform specific on the mod side.

I will see if I can find a pc to get a video on, I don't have the same setup when I noticed this issue. It should be just a case of loading the "demo" map from the mod page on linux and toggling the alerts on and off.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

zepanv wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:46 pm
It's the chat notification sound, when the alert is toggled off in the mod settings on windows the chat messages still appear but do not cause an audible alert. When I tried it in linux no matter if the mod setting was off or on the audible alert happened on every chat message that LTN sent.
The chat notification sound is not effected by the mod setting to turn off the "factorio" alert. In fact I don't remember any way to disable that sound when a message is displayed in chat.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

zepanv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zepanv »

I'm pretty sure that's the only setting I've toggled that is related, I will try toggling it of and on in windows and see if one way does cause the chat notifications to play the alert sound.

zepanv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zepanv »

Sooo yeah, not an issue. There is an option to play sounds on chat messages, that was it. I wrongly assumed that when you synced it was all the settings. I knew it doesn't sync blueprint libraries but I thought the settings all did.

Sorry for the bother, please close this one out as an id10t issue :)

Return to “Not a bug”