[Klonan] [1.1.57] Storage chest information pushed off screen by logistics storage

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Klonan] [1.1.57] Storage chest information pushed off screen by logistics storage

Post by Jon8RFC »

As you can see in the screenshot (taken from a 1920x1080 display with 100% UI setting), when logistics is full of stuff, some important information is pushed off screen.
If things will inevitably get pushed off screen, it should be the logistics info--that can be found via the logistics UI window. I don't know of an easy way to hunt down the other missing info, so it's just gone.

This may exist elsewhere, but I don't know where else to check. This has been a long-standing issue for years, but I never remember to post it because I'm in a multiplayer game and I just move on.
factorio_storage_chest.png
factorio_storage_chest.png (257.31 KiB) Viewed 2401 times

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.57] Storage chest information pushed off screen by logistics storage

Post by Jon8RFC »

I'm vaguely remembering it happening to power poles with red/green wires, but I can't remember about the different combinators. I guess anything where tons of logistics icons can exist is worth checking out.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however there is no fix for this. Something will eventually be pushed off screen with this tooltip.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

It would be nice if the number of items/signals did not make health and last user totally inaccessible. Moving them above the logistics network contents would be a simple compromise.

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:52 pm
Thanks for the report however there is no fix for this. Something will eventually be pushed off screen with this tooltip.
Just to clarify--I'm not asking for logistics to not be pushed off-screen and "fixed" to show more of them. I'm asking for the useful, missing information to be fixed to take priority over the 29+ rows of logistics/wire-network icons. 18+ rows are off-screen, so it's not much of a loss for 1-2 more rows to be off-screen.

It seems like an innocent oversight rather than a conscious decision to make that information, encircled in red, unavailable.

EDIT: ...for that missing information to take priority in all logistics/wire-network/combinators/et al.

factorio_storage_chest3.png
factorio_storage_chest3.png (121.8 KiB) Viewed 2044 times

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

Bump.

Is there any chance of reconsideration for this problem?

Again, I'm not stating the obvious of "there are 400 logistics items pushed off screen, please show them".
I'm asking for the relevant information to merely be reordered so that it's visible.

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nidan »

To put it in simpler/other words: The request is to reorder the info pane so that "Logistic System Storage" (and other "show all items/signals"-like entries) is the final/bottommost entry.

Return to “Assigned”