[1.1.56] emissions_per_minute on an accumulator is weird

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[1.1.56] emissions_per_minute on an accumulator is weird

Post by Honktown »

Here's a simple mod to demonstrate:
accum_1.0.0.zip
(1.28 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
1) accumulator.energy_source.emissions_per_minute > 0
2) only entity is the accumulator and there is pollution present (this situation came from the mod Warptorio)
3) biters form attack groups and rush at it, even when it's indestructible (which I believe is supposed to make it an invalid target?)

The biters take 1-2 minutes to attack with game.speed at 5. (couldn't get the biters to group and attack any faster). If in control.lua, a different thing like "assembling-machine-1" is created, no attack happens, though the biters still group and make nests.

Expectation: emissions_per_minute to not apply to accumulators. Applying it would seem a performance problem, but surely no pollution activity when it has no energy and is disconnected.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.56] emissions_per_minute on an accumulator is weird

Post by Pi-C »

Honktown wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:06 pm
3) biters form attack groups and rush at it, even when it's indestructible (which I believe is supposed to make it an invalid target?)
is_military_target should work better.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

I have no idea what exactly this bug reports is about. emissions_per_minute is set on energy source prototype and it causes pollution when entity asks for the energy from the energy source. Accumulators are not updatable so they cannot extract energy from energy source and as such they cannot pollute. I could force emissions_per_minute to be 0 the same way Inserters and Lamps are forcing this to be 0 (by overwriting energy source prototype after prototype creation) but it is not bug on its own and given modders do weird stuff i would rather assume some mods may use that for the tooltip when part of complex structure composed of multiple entities.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

1) An accumulator with emissions on the energy source can never emit pollution yet is targeted in a pollution cloud.
2) An accumulator which is indestructible and has emissions on the energy source is targeted for pollution attack, while an indestructible assembler isn't.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Return to “Pending”