[1.1.56] Blueprints saved as flipped version

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Adrenalex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.56] Blueprints saved as flipped version

Post by Adrenalex »

Hey there,

I encountered an issue that saves the blueprint in the wrong direction and flips unflippable blueprints.
BP Error 1.png
BP Error 1.png (584.01 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
BP Error 2.png
BP Error 2.png (1.84 MiB) Viewed 1800 times
Here is how to recreate the issue:

1) Open a rail crossing BP, delete the signals from the BP, and click on "Create a copy of this"
2) Click on the new BP to load it in your hand and press F to flip it. Then, place it on the map. (Adding Signals optional)
3) Clear the BP from your hand with Q and re-open the same BP with right-click and select "select new content for the blueprint".
4) Draw the box over the rails that were placed down, then Click "Save blueprint"

You will now have a rail blueprint that when you click on it, is flipped and the wrong orientation from what it's supposed to be.

Avona
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.56] Blueprints saved as flipped version

Post by Avona »

I was able to replicate this bug using the instructions.

At first I could have sworn that it was working correctly, but then when I tried again, it did indeed incorrectly flip the BP as stated by OP.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report however i cannot reproduce this issue in 1.1.77, maybe i am missing some steps or it was already fixed. Moving to pending.

Adrenalex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adrenalex »

boskid wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:52 pm
Thanks for the report however i cannot reproduce this issue in 1.1.77, maybe i am missing some steps or it was already fixed. Moving to pending.
Hey boskid! Flood here.

I am still able to recreate this. I will record a video to show case it and upload it soon.

Adrenalex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adrenalex »

Alrighty, here's my short video showcasing the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUzuoXWjTBw

Btw I am in 1.1.80 here.

It's a very bizarre issue. Let me know if you're still having problems recreating it. It'll save BPs wrong even with rail signals. making the entire BP unusable.

Adrenalex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adrenalex »

I've noticed since I've been doing a lot of BP designing lately that Factorio seems to save your flip position on the cursor.

For example, I'll be designing something and using F to flip it and rotate it around, then if I click on a different BP that one will be flipped as well.

It doesn't seem like an issue in most cases only when your BP has something unflappable in it.

Return to “Pending”