[1.1.50] /config GUI whitelist editor edits local whitelist not server's

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Gweneph
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.50] /config GUI whitelist editor edits local whitelist not server's

Post by Gweneph »

1. What I did: I joined a game hosted on a linux headless server from a windows client. I got the current server whitelist with /whitelist get. I opened the server configuration gui using the /config command from the console. I opened the whitelist editor. I found a list of player names that did not match the current whitelist of the server, but did match the whitelist file on the windows client. I edited the whitelist and saved.

2. What happened: The whitelist file on my windows computer updated with the new edits I made. The server whitelist (file and in-game printout) remained unchanged.

3. I expected the whitelist file on the client computer to remain unchanged while the whitelist on the server to be edited.
Image showing server whitelist from the console vs what's in the /config gui.
Image showing server whitelist from the console vs what's in the /config gui.
Image 133.png (2.89 MiB) Viewed 1929 times
I did this testing a while ago so I don't have the logs, but it's reproducible, so I can get both the server and client logs if needed.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.50] /config GUI whitelist editor edits local whitelist not server's

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I looked into this and actually it's not supposed to let you edit the whitelist there... it was mistakenly disabling the check box twice instead of the check box and button.

The only supported way to runtime change the whitelist is through the command (/whitelist) and thorugh the /admin GUI.

I've fixed the button so it's now disabled for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”