[1.1.48] Ghost fast replace rotation oddness

Post your bugs and problems so we can fix them.
Muppet9010
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.48] Ghost fast replace rotation oddness

Post by Muppet9010 »

Issue: a player can fast replace an entity over itself with a different rotation, but a ghost placed over an entity with fast replace and a different rotation is set back to the original rotation.
https://gfycat.com/diligentblackandwhitehoiho

1: place steam engine facing north.
2: hold steam engine in hand and rotate hand to face east.
3: hologram shows valid placement for east facing steam engine.
4: hold shift and ghost icon appears (rotated east)
5: click to place the ghost.
5: ghost placement order for bot appears on steam engine (yellow circle), but theres no rotation order on it.
6: robot flies over to entity, and does a rotation type job, but its still placed north.

This example was done with a simple-entity-with-owner modded to have the steam engine graphics in a test mod on the below test save.
test_1.0.0.zip
(755 Bytes) Downloaded 76 times
fast replace test.zip
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
The issue also affects vanilla steam engines from testing.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.48] Ghost fast replace rotation oddness

Post by SoShootMe »

Muppet9010 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:33 pm
Issue: a player can fast replace an entity over itself with a different rotation, but a ghost placed over an entity with fast replace and a different rotation is set back to the original rotation.
https://gfycat.com/diligentblackandwhitehoiho
(Not sure if 1.1.48 was a typo; 1.1.49 is the current stable release.)

I haven't found anything (in vanilla) this applies to except the steam engine and steam turbine. As far as I can tell they are the only non-square entity that you can fast replace/re-place or place a ghost with a 90 degree rotation. If anything, I think that is the bug.

All other entities I tried (I think all but maybe I missed some) behave consistently (and as expected) between fast replacing or placing a ghost, with a different orientation. Refineries and chemical plants are inconsistent for a different reason: they can be rotated by hand but not re-placed or a ghost placed with a different orientation.

Return to “Bug Reports”