[1.1.46] Pumps not fast-replaceable with pipes and vice-versa

Post your bugs and problems so we can fix them.
JoshCode
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.46] Pumps not fast-replaceable with pipes and vice-versa

Post by JoshCode »

I've noticed that the regular pumps are not able to fast-replace 2 pipes, despite pump's entity prototype 'fast_replaceable_group' property being set to 'pipe'. A single pipe also can't replace a pump.

Could this be because the entities (pipe and pump) are 2 separate lengths and therefore can't fast-replace eachother?

I doubt this is a feature as if it were, the 'fast_replaceable_group' property wouldn't be set for pumps.

Here's a demo of what I'm talking about: https://youtu.be/5DXbe3Frrsk

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.46] Pumps not fast-replaceable with pipes and vice-versa

Post by Silari »

Quite possibly that's a holdover from when pumps used to be 1x1. They got changed to 2x1 in 0.15. Keeping it there doesn't change anything in vanilla, but removing it might be a problem if any mods have a 2x1 pipe and expect them to be swappable.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Or a 1x1 pump.

Can you test if a pump can replace 1 pipe? Splitters are 1x2 and can replace one transport belt but not 2.

JoshCode
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JoshCode »

Yes I just tested that and no it doesn't work.
mrvn wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:35 pm
Or a 1x1 pump.

Can you test if a pump can replace 1 pipe? Splitters are 1x2 and can replace one transport belt but not 2.
I'm not asking for it to be removed, precisely the opposite!! I want it implemented fully! It's so inconvenient having to remove the pipes to place the pump.
Silari wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:06 pm
Quite possibly that's a holdover from when pumps used to be 1x1. They got changed to 2x1 in 0.15. Keeping it there doesn't change anything in vanilla, but removing it might be a problem if any mods have a 2x1 pipe and expect them to be swappable.

Return to “Bug Reports”