[Rseding91] [1.1.41] Logitech RGB keyboard goes off when ALT TAB-ing back to Factorio

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Water Knight
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Rseding91] [1.1.41] Logitech RGB keyboard goes off when ALT TAB-ing back to Factorio

Post by Water Knight »

Hello there

Problem occurred on Factorio version 1.1.41 build 58972 win64, Logitech G815 RGB keyboard.

Lights work as intended when launching the game or playing it. Keyboard shows colourful lights as it should untill I ALT TAB out. Then lights take default colours. But when TAB-ing back to the game it doesn't switch to Factorio colours, but turn black/off.

When launching Factorio, default lights dissapear and orange lights slowly move over the keys as game is loading. When ALT TAB-ing out and back in during the load, keys only turn black for a brief moment, as game loads a bit more and lights light up as they should

But during the game when TAB-ing back they simply stay black until something happens that should change colour normally (research, taking damage, exiting game, loading game)

I think it may be because when ALT TAB-ing back, Factorio doesn't give output to the keyboard to change colours back. It looks like Factorio only gives signal to keyboard when changes are needed and not continuous pulse.

Same thing is true for Logitech G502 mouse I use, but not important, because when keyboard dims, key letters are not visible anymore on G815

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Logitech RGB keyboard goes off when ALT TAB-ing back to Factorio

Post by Loewchen »

Post the complete log of a session with the issue and the version of your logitech software, see 3638.

Water Knight
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Logitech RGB keyboard goes off when ALT TAB-ing back to Factorio

Post by Water Knight »

Sorry about that

That problemm occures on all seasions. This is also first time using this keyboard with Factorio. For mouse I don't remember

Logitech software: Logitech G HUB, version 2021.9.7463
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.29 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.41] Logitech RGB keyboard goes off when ALT TAB-ing back to Factorio

Post by Rseding91 »

Does this still happen with the latest logitech software?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

dino_inc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.41] Logitech RGB keyboard goes off when ALT TAB-ing back to Factorio

Post by dino_inc »

I still encounter this issue on Factorio v. 1.1.69 with Logitech G-Hub v. 2022.8.306864 (released Aug 30, 2022) and a G512 keyboard. The lights are lit up in the Factorio color until I alt-tab, at which point they switch to the normal colors as expected when Factorio loses focus. Once Factorio is alt-tabbed back into focus, the keyboard lights shut off entirely. Once I quit the game and return to main menu, the colors come back and work normally in the main menu and once a game is loaded again.

I was able to reproduce this behavior in both full-screen and windowed modes. I can't seem to post my log file as an attachment to this post because the board attachment quota has been reached?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.41] Logitech RGB keyboard goes off when ALT TAB-ing back to Factorio

Post by Rseding91 »

Ok, I have no idea what's gong wrong. I've ordered that keyboard so I can test with it once it arrives.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.41] Logitech RGB keyboard goes off when ALT TAB-ing back to Factorio

Post by Rseding91 »

I got the keybaord and in testing it all seems to work correctly. When I start the game it takes over the lighting and keeps the lighting running regardless of alt-tabbing or not. Is there some other series of steps I need to do to make it happen?

I'm running:

G-Hub version 2022.9.315009
Keyboard Firmware: G512 119.1.14
1.PNG
1.PNG (162.41 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
2.PNG
2.PNG (82.56 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
3.PNG
3.PNG (49.07 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
4.PNG
4.PNG (120.53 KiB) Viewed 3797 times

dino_inc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dino_inc »

I was unable to find a combination of settings in either Factorio or Logitech that didn't result in the lights turning off when alt-tabbing and then refocusing the game (even directly from the main menu immediately after launching the game). I could find no real difference between your settings and mine besides Persistent Profile and Onboard Lighting in Logitech, and enabling Persistent Profile didn't change anything, while Onboard lighting doesn't seem to save in Logitech at all, just immediately reverts. There are so many permutations of settings between the game and Logitech that I doubt I was able to cover every combination, though. Reinstalling G-Hub also did not change anything.

I did attempt to take these screenshots of the Logitech software while Factorio was running, and noticed the keyboard itself acknowledges the lights are off, as well as some weirdness with the lights of the default profile in the G-Hub software display turning off after refocusing Factorio. The Factorio profile even seems to be properly set to off when alt-tabbed. I did not explicitly set the profile and left it at my purple default when testing out the alt-tabbing.

Edit: Upon further testing, I was able to enable Onboard lighting, and it did not change the behavior.
T6pVzcgXlq.png
T6pVzcgXlq.png (238.96 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
lghub_svgLUDOlSx.png
lghub_svgLUDOlSx.png (164.83 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
lghub_PQyOhD4A0a.png
lghub_PQyOhD4A0a.png (60.54 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
lghub_iLb8vzxurN.png
lghub_iLb8vzxurN.png (320.88 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
lghub_gAjbT89uqe.png
lghub_gAjbT89uqe.png (91.48 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
factorio_DwvFzJtmND.png
factorio_DwvFzJtmND.png (179 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
factorio_70EeMNaIJG.jpg
factorio_70EeMNaIJG.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3789 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I don't know what to do next; sorry. Everything works perfectly when I test with that same keyboard and my settings match when you are showing. Maybe you could try contacting Logitech and asking their support people. It has to be something software wise on your system or a hardware issue with the keyboard because we don't do anything related to focus lost/gained around the keyboard logic.

The logic we do is always-on once it starts.

Basinyo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Basinyo »

Just my experience, maybe it helps out a bit:

I also have/had issues with the G915 keyboard. I got a default profile that is a single colour, then when factorio starts it switches to factorio colours; All fine.
When I al-tab (or click outside the factorio window) into windows then the keyboard switches to default colour as expected I guess. I alt-tab back (or click on factorio window) and keyboard switched to dark. I did notice a work-around that pressing T for technology screen always turns the leds back on in factorio template and works fine again. I suppose this forces some update ( I love the blinky T when research is done ;) ).

After messing with the above settings I got it now to keep the leds on, but in default template until I hit T. If I get back into the game and get hit by a biter the keyboard also turns into factorio colours, except the g-keys and the G logo in the top left. Hitting T still gets everything back into expected behaviour.

Also loading the game, then tab out before it is done, and tab back in once loaded will load the profile correct. Alt-tab out after and back in switches to default, but not back into factorio template. Until I do the work-around again.

TLDR; I just press T (or even just click the tech screen after returning to the game) once to get into the correct profile for the LED's. Hopefully this makes your experience a little bit better :).

mashivan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mashivan »

I have a Logitech G213 and was having the issue of my lights turning off completely. I was able to eventually get it to work by toggling a random toggle in G Hub.

Under the Profile Manager, select Factorio, and under the integrations tab, click factorio, and disable the LED toggle. Once mine looked like this, the lights on my devices started working again.
2023-04-24 22_35_23-Logitech G HUB.png
2023-04-24 22_35_23-Logitech G HUB.png (5.95 KiB) Viewed 2886 times

pistols39
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pistols39 »

Thankyou so much. These settings worked for me.

Return to “Pending”