[1.1.69] Entities stuck at 100% of producing an item but will never produce it

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Daiskun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.69] Entities stuck at 100% of producing an item but will never produce it

Post by Daiskun »

Hi, as the title says, i found a really strange bug in my savefile (i'm playing on space exploration but the bug it's present even with all the mods disabled) that persisted between 2 linux distros that makes the entities producing stuff to get stuck at 100% production and they never actually produce the item, in this image https://imgur.com/a/O6t22ZT you can see how even with the mods disabled the machine isn't producing, i deconstructed the assemblers, built them again and they worked for a few moments until they stopped working again. I don't know how to make the bug happen, i was designing something else and when i went to see my smelter array it was all broken, i have rebuild it so it is more or less working now in the save but these assemblers are still not working, they are making copper cables for green circuits to the right of the factory.
Let me know if there is anything else you need to know, and thanks you for your time

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
In this link you'll find the save file, the compressed mods folder and the log files

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.69] Entities stuck at 100% of producing an item but will never produce it

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I looked at your save file and there are 274 crafting machines that are broken. They each have 'nan' crafting progress which is not a valid value for them to ever have. There are only 3 ways I know of that that can happen:

1. Someone was messing around with the prototype values and we forgot to check that a mod didn't give nan for some crafting speed/crafting time somewhere
2. Someone was poking around with something like a memory editor/cheat engine
3. Bad hardware caused the CPU/RAM to produce bad values and those got stored in the save file

Do you have any idea if any of those might have happened?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Daiskun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.69] Entities stuck at 100% of producing an item but will never produce it

Post by Daiskun »

The only thing that i can think of is that maybe my hardware is breaking, because i was not messing with the mods nor with the memory of the game.
Before reporting this issue i had some crashes where the game suddenly closed at random intervals, i even reinstalled Linux because thinking that maybe i had a driver issue (and i really preferred to reinstall than to debug the system) and i haven't seen any crash again so far, but i can't remember if i had one when the crafting machines broke

Return to “1 / 0 magic”