Bug - 0.17.43 - Train placement errors - updated for 0.17.44

Things that has been reported already before.
SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Bug - 0.17.43 - Train placement errors - updated for 0.17.44

Post by SkiCarver »

Edit - These issues are lumped together as I suspect they have a common cause in the code.
Edit - I have managed to upload the save file and video (see my third post in this thread).

Note - I have tried to upload a 17.3mb video and an 18mb save file, but I get an error right at the end of the upload on both - If there is a size limit, what is it? (I have save the save and the vid)

TLDR;

Train placement error - duplicates created with manual and bot placement and also bot not placing train that should be placed.

What,

I have, for a couple of weeks, been having issues manually placing train carriages and even bot placements. It has been hard to reproduce, but the best example is in the attached save file. I placed the RGGB blueprint - the game is saved over the area below (please ignore the mess, this is my blueprint scratchpad save where I experiment!). The only change I have made to the RGGB blueprint as placed was to add some infinity chests.

Specifics;

Case A) (See video) Manual placement - when placing trains on the curved areas in the image below (where the train parking lanes combine), for a single mouse click, multiple cariages are sometimes placed in several lanes. This does not happen every time, and I was initially concerned it was my mouse, but i see no other evidence on mouse issues outside this one.

Case B) (Image below) Robot placement - the bots try to place multiple trains. I have had this happen in other saves, but I was not sure that I have only placed the blueprint once, so I could not be sure of the scenario. This save - the RGGB blueprint was placed only once. - edited to add - Please note the ghosts over the already placed locomotive.

Case C) (Image Below) Robot placement - the bots have track on which to place the train, but do not do so. - edited to add - see the two bots in the image that never place their cargo.

Edited to add;
Case D) (Image below) Robot placement - the blueprint contains three 1-3-1 trains with cargo wagons. - one cargo wagon is missing and one is on the wrong track.

trr1.png
trr1.png (4.49 MiB) Viewed 1774 times
Last edited by SkiCarver on Fri May 31, 2019 4:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bug - 0.17.43 - Train placement errors

Post by SkiCarver »

The blueprint i was working on is attached as a text file - too big to post normally. - it is the robot placement of this blueprint that is shown in the original post.
Attachments
RGGB.txt
(68.37 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

I am also seeing duplicate locomotives and wagons placed in various situations with rails close to each other. Also notable is that sometimes the green "this is where the wagon will go" ghost will jump many tiles away from my cursor after placing a wagon, but without placing a second one.

SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SkiCarver »

ok, finally got the save file and video clip uploaded (attached).

You need to remove the .zip extension from the file names .... the filter would not accept 7z spanned archive numeric file extensions.
Attachments
New folder (4).7z.004.zip
(4.5 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
New folder (4).7z.003.zip
(10 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
New folder (4).7z.002.zip
(10 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
New folder (4).7z.001.zip
(10 MiB) Downloaded 45 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

This is most probably related to train blueprint building bug fixed for the next release. (71215)

SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SkiCarver »

kovarex wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:17 pm
This is most probably related to train blueprint building bug fixed for the next release. (71215)
Hi, Did you watch the video? - the placement of carriages issues seems to be independent of it being blueprint issue. If you'll pardon my presumption, it seems to be an error with calculating the track over which the placement should occur.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Yes, and when ghost is being revived, it was changed that there is much smaller limit of how far it can be put on tracks (0.2 tiles from 3 tiles) from its original location.

SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SkiCarver »

kovarex wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:51 pm
Yes, and when ghost is being revived, it was changed that there is much smaller limit of how far it can be put on tracks (0.2 tiles from 3 tiles) from its original location.
OK, great, thanks for the feedback.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Just to be clear, this bug happens even when there are no ghosts involved, when placing a wagon directly onto track manually. The last replies seem to be focusing on ghost stuff.

SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SkiCarver »

sparr wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:59 pm
Just to be clear, this bug happens even when there are no ghosts involved, when placing a wagon directly onto track manually. The last replies seem to be focusing on ghost stuff.
Thanks for reiterating the point about manual placement, having re-read my recent posts it was not clear, as you say.

SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bug - 0.17.43 - Train placement errors - updated for 0.17.44

Post by SkiCarver »

Hi, All issues, except the manual placement of locomotives, appear to have been fixed with the 0.17.44 release.

The manual placement issue demonstrated in the video attachment in my earlier post has been improved - I now get only two locomotives rather than three when placing trains on tracks that are close to other tracks.

I suggest that this is now such a minor issue that it goes to the bottom of the list!

Return to “Duplicates”