[0.17.17-headless] - /h is different from /help

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
C0rn3j
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.17-headless] - /h is different from /help

Post by C0rn3j »

Am hosting the 0.17.17 server on Linux.
If you type a wrong command, you get this helpful message:
/wrongcommand
Unknown command "wrongcommand" type /h or /help for more help about commands.
Now, one would assume that /h and /help is the identical command and /h is just a shortcut, but this isn't true, and it is pretty confusing
/h
Type /h <command> to get details of it.
Available commands are: /help /whisper /shout /reply /command /measured-command /silent-command /players /kick /ban /bans /unban /admins /promote /demote /color /evolution /screenshot /time /version /purge /clear /mute /unmute /mutes /ignore /unignore /ignores /config /toggle-heavy-mode /perf-avg-frames /open /alerts /mute-programmable-speaker /seed /whitelist /banlist /permissions /server-save /swap-players /delete-blueprint-library /toggle-action-logging /editor /admin /cheat /unlock-shortcut-bar /toggle-rockets-sent-gui
/help
- Server console commands.
/quit - Terminates the server cleanly.
/save <name> - Saves the current game with the specified name.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.17-headless] - /h is different from /help

Post by TruePikachu »

This might be a side-effect of the restructure of how command aliases are handled -- it used to be that all commands that share a help string would alias to each other, but that is no longer the case.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I can change the /help /h to show the same thing but it almost seems like it's better to have it be the 2 different results here. One is the help for the server interface - and only the server interface - and the other is the generic command help system that the runtime game will generate.

For now, I'm going to leave this as is.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:23 pm
I can change the /help /h to show the same thing but it almost seems like it's better to have it be the 2 different results here. One is the help for the server interface - and only the server interface - and the other is the generic command help system that the runtime game will generate.

For now, I'm going to leave this as is.
Why not /h server or /help server instead of /help being server.

Return to “Minor issues”