[gfx] [for 0.17] [0.16.37] Bug/Feature? Sound issue when near nuke blasts

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Sicnarf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[gfx] [for 0.17] [0.16.37] Bug/Feature? Sound issue when near nuke blasts

Post by Sicnarf »

Not sure if this is working as intended.
If you end up close enough to the edge of a nuke blast to hear the explosion it completely mutes the sound of the rocket launcher.
This can be replicated by standing still and repeat firing nukes at maximum range you will hear the constant noise of the rocket launcher chain firing. However if you move the target cursor closer to you the noise from the blast waves will increase and the noise of the rocket launcher firing will stop or only some will sound depending on how close the blast wave is when you are firing the next rocket.

This can be a bit of a problem during biter clearing as you are usually fully zoomed out making a rocket hard to see and without the tell tale sound of the rocket launcher to indicate a successfully shot launched I had a tendency to assume the rocket has not been launched. So I used to assume I am out of range and try and get closer to the target to launch the nuke, when really I am just getting closer to the impact point of the nuke I just launched.

Like I said this might be an intentional feature designed to mute all sound when you get close to a nuke blast. Just thought I would mention it in case it's not.

OS
Windows 7
Processor
AMD Athlon II X4 860K FM2+ 3.7GHz 4MB Black Edition
Graphics card
gigabyte GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5 Grpahics Card
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 1.5V DIMM 240-pin
Motherboard
Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2 AMD FM2+ A88X DDR3 mATX
HDD
Sandisk 240GB SSD Plus SATA 6GB/s 2.5" Solid State Drive

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.37] Bug/Feature? Sound issue when near nuke blasts

Post by Twinsen »

This is because the nuke is using up all the voice channels so new sounds I not played.

Doing the nuke graphics is on the GFX todo list since forever and with it, new sounds should be there. It will be fixed eventually, until then, it's a minor issue.

Return to “Minor issues”